“Why Dear? I'm pretty sure you can get job at any good company.”

“Actually, I lost all my necessary documents so it's hard to get any job.” I said sadly.

“Oh, Dean told me about it. It's fine dear don't worry I'm sure Dean will help you.” she said, her eyes showed care.

I nodded my head, “Okay, I'll ask him once he comes back.” I replied and turned on the TV.

An hour or two passed by, I didn't find anything good so I turned it off and went to search Rebecca. She was in the kitchen preparing dinner.

“Can I help you in cooking?” I asked her when she saw me entering the kitchen.

She was about to say something but I cut her off. “Please don't say no, I'm bored of watching TV and I don't know what else to do.”

She sighed. “Fine, just chop the vegetables. I'm preparing fried rice with meat balls. You want me to prepare anything else?” she asked.

“No, that's totally fine.” I smiled and started chopping the vegetables.

Cooking with Rebecca was fun and interesting. She asked me how I ended up in New York and about my parents.

I told her that my parents died in an accident and that New York had always been my dream city to come and so I ended up here.

I got to know about daughter who was of my age and her three year old grandson. She also told me about her husband, who was a fire fighter and died saving a man from a burning building. She didn't seem sad but proud when she described how he saved the man and how he was all over the news for his bravery act which was twenty years ago.

After an hour or something, everything was ready. I was happy that I helped Rebecca in cooking. Soon, Rebecca left and I was alone. I saw the clock hanging in the living room, it was already 9 PM.

I spent my time changing the TV channels. Not finding anything interesting I thought of taking a tour of the house.

The apartment was duplex and huge. There were three bedrooms, a living room and a kitchen with dining hall downstairs. One of the bedrooms was Dean's room which I didn't go inside. Then there was the guest room; where I was currently staying. And the last one was his office, which I just glanced. Taking the stairs to upstairs, there was an open room which was turned into gym and another empty bedroom. There was another living room from where the dining room could be seen.

Coming back downstairs, there was this huge window in the living room which covered up the entire wall, the view of the skyscrapers through the window was enchanting. I stood there watching the tiny looking cars move and the beautiful city glow.

I didn't know how long I was standing near the window and watching the skyscrapers, I heard the front door open to which I instantly turned around to see who it was.

There came the tall, handsome, hot and tired Dean. He was wearing a white dress shirt with the sleeves rolled up till his elbows and charcoal dress pants. His charcoal coat and tie were hanging from his left hand and a briefcase in his right.  There was just one word for this man. Perfect.

He saw me standing near the window and eyed me up and down. He slowly walked to me while our eyes locked. His eyes were bright and mesmerizing though he was tired.

I could hear my heart beating fast with every step he took. My heart skipped a beat when he leaned down and whispered in my ear, “You look beautiful.” his warm breath tingled my ear as shiver ran down my spine and got my knees weak.

I'd never been this close to any guy before. Now that he was, I wanted him to be this close to me all the time. I liked it when he was near to me. It felt weird but good weird.