Chapter 16

A/N: Hey guys brace yourself for this chapter! Its going to be a long one; 4700+ words! Hope you all like it. :)

Please ignore weird typos and grammatical errors!

* * *

Jessica Summers

I had this strong feeling since I woke up this morning that something's gonna happen today. Something not good.

"What are you thinking?" Dean's voice interrupted my thoughts as he came and sat beside me. We were enjoying the bright sunny morning by the pool.

"Nothing." I brushed it off.

"You know that I can read your face, right?" he raised his brow.

"You can?"

"Yes I can. And now I can tell, there's something on your mind that's bothering you and holding you back from this beautiful weather."

Am I that easy to read? If I tried to lie, no doubt he would know.

"I have a feeling that something bad is going to happen, really bad. But I don't know." I shrugged my shoulders.

"Why do you feel so?" he said. "Is there anything bothering you? You can tell me." he took my hand in his and gave me assuring smile.

"No. There isn't anything like that." I pressed my lips together and took a deep breath closing my eyes. Why was I feeling this way? It's Mr and Mrs Herman's wedding anniversary today, it's supposed to be a great day.

Was I thinking too much, when there really wasn't anything that can happen here on the cruise? I opened my eyes and looked at him."I think I'm just over thinking."

"I exactly know how to make you feel better." he stood up and held his hand out for me.

"How?" I asked as I took his hand and he pulled me up to my feet.

"You need a drink."

I smiled at his reply and we went to the bar, he ordered piña colada for us. Some minutes later, few of Dean's companions asked him to join them in the pool. He was about to decline but after telling him I would be fine by myself he agreed.

As I was watching them-especially Dean-Lara and her friends decided to join me. I politely smiled at them- despite wondering what had brought them to me -to which I got plenty of fake smiles.

"Oh my God, Lara, look at Dean, doesn't he look smoking hot in the pool there. You were lucky to be in his bed." A brunette one among the girls chirped. It was all I needed to know why they were here with me and not in the pool among a bunch of hot guys.

Lara looked at her and smirked. "Of course, but more than me Dean was lucky because I didn't reject him when he asked me. We had great time together in bed." her eyes briefly fell on me.

I tried my best not to let anything get to my mind. It was clear that she was lying. I ignored them and got back to watching Dean. He looked at me and smiled which was brief because his smile vanished and was replaced with scowl when he saw Lara and her friends around me. He was about to get out of the pool but his friends didn't let him and I tried to tell him I was okay.

"Did you just see that, Dean smiled at Lara. He's got a killer smile." Again the brunette said in high pitch. Little did they know that he smiled at me and not at Lara. I held back my laughter.