Chapter 25

Please ignore weird typos and grammatical errors!

* * *

Jessica Summers

Oh God!

“Hey, are you okay?” Tasha came inside the washroom and saw me kneeling beside the toilet in one of the bathroom stalls.

I couldn't move from my place. She moved forward to help me but I declined.

“Don't. I'm fine, Tasha. I'll be out in a minute.” I said.

She looked at me doubtfully for a second or two before walking out.

I pressed the flush, rinsed my mouth and splashed some water on my face.

I looked at my reflection in the mirror. I didn't know what to think. I didn't know what to feel. On top of all I didn't know what to tell Tasha.

When I walked out, she was standing right outside the door reading the content of that letter. “Hey, do you feel sick?”

I said nothing.

“What is this?” she held the paper up, “I don't understand. Did they really kidnap...” her voice broke at the end and eyes turned misty before slowly tears started rolling down her cheek.

I couldn't see her like this.

“It's all my fault.” I cried.

She looked me, surprised. “I don't understand.”

I took the paper from her hand and we read it once again,

Don't ever think you can escape from me. Wait for my call, babe. If your boyfriend so much as hears about this, then you know the consequences. Don't forget this little guy is with me.

-You might very well know the sender of this letter after reading it.

“Jessica, do you know what this letter means? Do you know who this person is? Please tell me!”

I very well knew who this person was. I thought he was out of the picture, he would never bother me again. Dean had told me he was handed to the police. How did he escape? He was supposed to be in prison.

He had really kidnap Jake, that meant he'd kept an eye on me. But why Jake?

Oh God, everything was happening because of me. Jake didn't deserve this, Tasha didn't deserve this and Dean, absolutely not. Why was he hurting them and not me? I ran away, I escaped from him, he should hurt me not Jake.

I couldn't contain my tears anymore. A sob escaped my throat.

“Jessica, what happened? Please tell me, why are you crying?” Tasha hugged me.

“I'm the reason for Jake being taken away. You guys don't deserve this. Its all happening because me. I'm so sorry.” I cried on her shoulder.

“Jess, you are scaring me. I don't understand what you're saying.” she pulled away and wiped my tears “Come let's sit first.”

She took me to the same open cafe. We sat a corner, where people couldn't see us.

“Okay, now tell me. What were you trying to tell?”

I looked at her for few minutes. I knew she was going to hate me in the end which I deserved. It had to be me in Jake's place. Not him.

So I told her a non detailed version of my past. I told her how I escaped my Aunt and Mark. How Dean found me and how Mark found me again on the cruise who was back again for me.