Chapter 3

Please ignore the weird typos and grammatical errors!

* * *

Jessica Summers

Next morning after brushing my teeth and washing my face I made my way out to the living room. I couldn't see Dean anywhere, I think he's gone to work like he said last night.

I went to the kitchen to drink a glass of water and saw a short lady there. She was wiping the kitchen counter; though I didn't find any dirt on it.

The lady looked at me and smiled. “Hello Ms. Summers, it's lovely to meet you. I'm Rebecca, Dean's maid.” she looked like she was in her early fifties. Her short hair were combed neatly and left over her shoulder. Those soft brown eyes were filled with love and affection.

“Hi, it's nice to meet you too. And please just call me Jessica. I'll be more comfortable.” I smiled at her.

“Okay, Jessica.” she grinned. “What would you like for breakfast?”

“Thank you for asking, but I'm used to cooking for myself. I can just make something for me and as well as you. What would you like to have?” I smiled at her walking to the stove to prepare whatever she'd like to have.

I heard her laugh behind me which made me turn around.

“You are such a lovely girl, Jessica. But it is my work. I've been instructed to take care of you and all your needs.” she replied. “So what do I make for breakfast?”

Take care of me and my needs? I looked at her in confusion.

“Dean has asked me to look after you.” she cleared my confusion.

“Oh, Um... Where is he?” I asked even though I knew that he has gone for work.

“He already left to his office. Everyday he is off to work at 8:00 AM and usually returns home late night.” Rebecca informed.

“Oh okay. So can I get a cup of coffee and scrambled eggs?” I asked.

“Of course my dear, it will be ready in five minutes.” she got to the work. I thanked her and drank the water.

“How long have you been working here?” I asked as she put the egg mixture on a skillet pan. Walking over to the coffee machine, she pressed the button for the coffee to brew after putting some amount of coffee beans.

She glanced in my direction and smiled. “Three years. Dean is a nice person, sweet at heart but very stubborn. That boy works tirelessly at office and never listens to anyone.” she laughed which made me smile. She didn't just give me the impression of a maid but also a mother figure to him.

“And here is your scrambled eggs and coffee. Anything else?” she asked.

“No, thank you very much.” I started eating my breakfast.

“Oh and there are some new pair of clothes in the guest room. Dean's PA dropped them in the morning.” she informed and got back to her cleaning work.

I had totally forgotten about clothes. I quickly finished my breakfast and thanked Rebecca once again before going to the room to check out the clothes.

I saw two bags on the sofa which was situated to my left. I took the bags and sat on the bed. There was a small note in one of the bags, I opened it to read.

Thought you would need these. Hope you like them.
Dean

I smiled and took out the box from the first bag.