Chapter 9

Please ignore weird typos and grammatical errors!

* * *

Jessica Summers

“Jesus! Sorry to disturb you two love birds.” the lady who stood near the door teased, chuckling, her heavy French accent didn't go unnoticed. She looked around late forties, and very beautiful in her simple grey dress which contrasted with her red hair. This must be Mrs. Herman.

“Hello Esmé, it's so good to see you after a long time.” Dean smiled at her warmly and hugged her.

“Nice to see you too, Dean. Now introduce your beautiful girlfriend to me. Well, I guess I'll get to know her myself. ” she smiled at me. “Hello chère, I'm Esméralda Herman.”

Girlfriend? No... no she was getting us wrong. Just as I was about to tell her I was NOT Dean's girlfriend he spoke,

“Esmé, meet my beautiful girlfriend, Jessica Summers.” he introduced happily, putting his arm around my waist and pulled me closer. I did feel butterflies in my stomach when he said that but I ignored them, for now.

I glared at him. Why is he lying?

“You are such a beautiful girl, Jessica. I'm so happy Dean found himself a woman.” she pulled me into a tight hug, which reminded me of my mom's hugs. “And when were you planning on telling me?” she pulled to playfully glare at him.

“Well…” he was about to reply but was interrupted by Mr. Herman entering the room.

“Dean, how are you doing?” he walked to him and hugged him. This was something different, they never hugged back in New York, they were too formal.

“I'm good. How are you doing?”

“I'm doing good. Is Esméralda bothering you by her talks?” he asked, chuckling.

“Oh, chéri, I was only introducing myself to Dean's girlfriend, Jessica. She is such a lovely and beautiful girl. Have you met her?” she asked her husband.

“Yes, I met her while I was in New York, but didn't know she is Dean's girlfriend.” he glanced at Dean.

Of course, because I'm NOT his girlfriend.

“Anyway, nice to see you, Jessica.” Mr. Herman smiled at me.

“It's nice to see you again, Mr. Herman.” I smiled back.

“Alright then let's get to the business? Let's not delay in signing the contract.” Mr. Herman said.

As Dean and Mr. Herman got busy in the discussion, Mrs. Herman and I sat at the back listening to them.

I had to say she's amazing. Though she speaks a lot, I liked her. She was really sweet and smiled a lot.

After the papers were signed, we congratulated Mr. Herman and Dean. I noticed that Dean was the happiest among all of us, which brought a smile on my face. But I was still angry at him. He had to not lie to them.

Once we were out of the room, we were served champagne. Dean was busy talking to Mr. Herman and Mrs. Herman kept speaking to me. A lot. But she wasn't a boring person, I enjoyed speaking to her.

“So, how did you both meet?” Mrs. Herman asked while we were in the living room, sipping on our drinks.

I was caught of guard when she questioned, though it was a normal question to any new couple, and there laid the problem. We weren't a couple. But should I make up some story or something? God, please help me.