Chapter 19

a/n: thank you mahgadahling for the beautiful cover! Can't take my eyes off it.

Please ignore weird typos and grammatical errors!

* * *

Jessica Summers

A week had passed since we'd come back from Greece. I had my best time there and would love to go there again.

However ever since our return, Dean didn't seem okay. He had been trying to avoid me and I was clueless as to what the reason was.

Sometimes, he tried to tell me something and stoped himself from saying it. What could it be?

What if he was trying to say that we should get back to how we were before; like the boss and employee and not the fake boyfriend and girlfriend. 

That made my insides curl. I had fallen in love with him but what about him, would he ever fall in love? With me?

“Jessica, in my office now.” suddenly I heard his voice through the intercom.

I got out of my mini office and went to his huge one. I knocked twice before entering.

“Yes, Dean?”

I observed him closely, every time when I came into his office, he would be waiting for me, but now he didn't even acknowledge me. I waited for him to look up from the papers which he was going through. As he reached the end of the paper I thought he would now speak to me but to my surprise he turned the page and continued reading.

I cleared my throat to get his attention. I was thankful because he looked up.

“What are you doing here?” he asked.

I had a strong urge to roll my eyes but controlled myself. “You asked me to come a while ago.” I said as I walked closer to his desk.

He frowned but when he realized he nodded his head.

“Ah yes, I want you to book a table for two this evening for dinner in a nice restaurant. I have to meet someone.” he informed and got back to the papers.

Someone? Who someone? As far as I remembered, he didn't have any meetings today outside the office.

“But you don't have to meet up with anybody today.”

He was very busy to look at me, “Just do as you are told, Jessica.”

Rude much.

I nodded my head and as I turned around to leave, his phone rang and he picked up.