Chapter 29

Please ignore weird typos and grammatical errors!

* * *

Jessica Summers

Since the second I came back home with Dean a week ago, I was in the bed all the time. The only time I got out the bed was to use the bathroom.

Dean had been taking amazing care of me and also worked from home. He  even cooked me all the meals and right now he was in the kitchen cooking me breakfast with Rebecca.

She was on leave for the last two months because her daughter was pregnant and she wanted to be with her daughter till she gave birth. Her daughter gave birth to a beautiful girl two weeks ago and today she was back here.

I checked the time on the wall clock, it read 11:40 am. I groaned inwardly, I was bored and lazy because all I did was be in bed, eat plenty, watch TV and sleep. I really needed to get out of the bed and start doing something.

My shoulder didn't hurt much now and I was as well quite surprised that I was recovering faster. Also my morning sickness had reduced,l thank God Dean spent most of his time in the office room. Dr. Thompson had given me some medicines for it and they were effective.

“Morning, sweetheart.” Dean came into our bedroom with a tray in his hands.

“Morning.” he came by my side and helped me sit up before handing me a cup of coffee. Taking his cup he sat beside me.

“What's Rebecca doing?” I asked after taking a sip.

“Cleaning the kitchen.” he answered.

I continued to drink my coffee whereas Dean, he didn't take any sip instead he was staring at the cup intensely.

“What is it? Tell me.”

“Officer Warner had called to inform that your aunt wants to speak with you.” he waited to see my reaction but I was blank. What did she want to speak now, after all these months?

“We will have to go to Texas to see her. But only if you want to. There's no pressure.”

Do I want to meet her?

Of course yes, I wanted answers. She'd told me she hated my parents and me. I'd tried asking her why during those days, she never told me and today when I was getting a chance I should go and speak to her.

Is it a good idea to reopen those wounds again?

I don't know but it was definitely worth a shot. I couldn't be in the dark all the time. There must be a reason for her behavior towards me and I wanted to know it.

“Uh, okay I will meet her.” I stated

“You sure, baby? You don't have to if you don't want to. I can always cancel it.”

“No, I want to meet her. I have few things to ask her. We'll go.” I said and looked at him.

“Okay, love, as you wish. We will have to go to Texas to see her.” he informed.

I nodded my head in agreement.

After Dean finished his coffee he helped me bathe. I'd been trying to move my shoulder slowly and also doing some exercises which Dr. Thompson had recommended for me. Dean was always by my side, helping me with anything and everything.

“Hey, I've informed officer Warner about it and we will be leaving tomorrow.” he came inside the room.

“Okay, no problem. It's better to get over with it.”