Chapter 27

Please ignore weird typos and grammatical errors!

* * *

Jessica Summers

The traffic was too much and all the way, I kept crying as Dean's words kept repeating in my head.

'...I fucking loved you with all my heart, dammit. But you never saw that because you only had your eyes for my money, not me...'

'...I don't ever want you back in my life, ever again...'

I always lost people I loved. I lost my mom and dad, and now I lost Dean too. I should be used to it, right? Losing people I love. I was not.

I had to accept the fact that I won't ever get Dean back and it's better I go away from his life like he said. He deserved someone better than me, someone whose life wasn't like mine, someone with less problems in her life.

Once I get Jake back from Mark I should be gone from this place, I decided.

"Jess, we are here." Tasha said softly. I didn't realize we'd reached already.

I looked around and gasped as I saw the place. It was a deserted place. There wasn't even a single fly here, the surrounding was completely empty. We were in front of an old, three storeyed building. It looked as if the whole building had caught fire a few years ago, because there were big black burnt patches all over it.

I gulped loudly and looked at Tasha. She also had the same expression like mine. Fear.

Jessica, you are strong. You can do it. I told myself and took a deep breath before exhaling slowly.

"You want me to go inside with you?" Tasha was scared. It was all written over her face.

I shook my head. "No. You stay here and wait for us. If anything happens don't come in. I'll send Jake to you if I want any kind of help. Okay?"

She grabbed my hand and nodded her head. "Good luck, Jessica."

I took the briefcase from the back seat and climbed out of the car.

I stood in front of the huge gates and craned my head taking another look of the building. It was a matter of only ten minutes. Go in, give the briefcase to him and get back Jake. That's it.

Praying to God silently, I pushed the rusty iron gates open, the clanking sound of it was irritating and I couldn't help but cringe.

As I started walking inside I looked back to see Tasha, she nodded her head in an encouraging manner. Exhaling loudly I made my way inside.

Clutching the handle of the briefcase tightly I walked further and further but stopped when I heard a voice out of no where.

"Right on time, I see?" It was his voice but I couldn't see him anywhere.

"You will do as I say, got it?"

I nodded my head vigorously.

"Keep walking..." I did as he told me to do and tried to remember the way.

Few minutes after walking straight he told me to take a left turn. It was an open space and I was now behind the building. There were tons of wooden crates, barrels and also two trucks. There was another building about 100 meters away. He asked me to walk to that building.

When I reached the building, Mark came out from inside. He looked the same as before except this time there was a vertical scar along the side of his forehead.