Chapter 26

Please ignore weird typos and grammatical errors!

* * *

Dean Walker

Hurt.

That was all I felt when she walked out of the home.

Did she... Did she really say those things? Did she really mean everything that she said?

No, of course not. My Jess wouldn't ever say such things to anyone, not even to her enemy.

But whatever she said hurt me like hell. Her words felt as if she was stabbing my heart with her sharp knife like words.

I love her. She loves me. Then what is wrong with her? I don't get it.

Wait, does she really love me?

Yes, she does. Or what if she doesn't?

No fucking way, she loves me, I knew it. I'm stupid to even think of otherwise. She definitely loves me.

I'm sure something happened while I was away and she wasn't telling me. And Tasha wasn't here either.

What could it be?

My body was very tired and was ready to shut down but my mind didn't. I wanted to know what was going on with Jess.

After an hour or so, I gave up and snuggled into my bed. Instantly I missed her not being in my arms. But I wasn't gonna give up so soon. I'd talk to her tomorrow and with that I let sleep consume me.

• • •

Alex was waiting for me outside the building as I made my way to my car.

“Good morning, Mr. Walker,” he said sternly and I didn't fail to notice it. Nodding my head I climbed inside.

When I asked Alex if he knew what happened while I was gone, he said he had no idea, I doubted because he hesitated while answering but brushed it off.

I tried calling Jess for the fifth since morning. All calls including this one went to her voicemail.

Why the fuck was she avoiding me? The pain I felt was nothing like I ever thought. But I was not gonna give any clue about it to anybody. I think I should become the same old arrogant Dean whom people knew before I met her.

I hoped that she'd come to the office today. If not I'd stop by her apartment and check on her. I was not gonna let her walk away just like that.

I got out of the car once we reached my building, after telling Alex I won't be needing him for the rest of the day I straight away made my way to the elevator.

My whole floor felt empty without Jess. Everyday; the time she got out of the elevator she got busy speaking with Mrs. Jenkins, she was always so excited and loud when she spoke to her that I would hear her faints voices in my office.

I missed her badly.

“Good Morning, Mr. Walker.” Mrs. Jenkins greeted me, I gave a curt nod. “Uh, Sir, I have a message for you. It's from Jessica.” I abruptly stopped and turned to her.

“What is it?”

“She won't be coming to the office for a few days, Sir. She didn't mention how many days. She said the reason was something personal.”

I nodded at her and stormed to my office. I roughly placed my laptop bag on the desk and punched my fist on the table.

Though I had hoped, I somehow knew she wasn't going to come today. For fuck's sake couldn't she call me or at least text me saying she won't be coming? What the fuck did I do that all of sudden she was avoiding me as if I were some psycho rapist? It was frustrating to not know the reason.