Epilogue

Please ignore weird typos and grammatical errors!

* * *

Jessica Summers

Five years later:

“Momma?” I heard a sweet low voice which made me stop chopping the vegetables and look down at my boy.

“What is it, Inigo?” he was a xerox copy of Dean. Same dark hair, same green eyes and the same nose. Just at the age of four he looked so much like his daddy, for sure he will become a charmer when he grows up, but I'll make sure to teach him all the manners—specially how to behave with girls and treat them.

“Can I put the cherry on top of Poppa's cake?” he asked holding a tiny cherry. He was sitting on the kitchen counter in front of the cake which I baked a few hours ago.

It was Dean's 30th birthday today. We were having a small celebration in the evening. Mary, Tasha, Henry, Jake and Mia—Tasha and Henry's three year old daughter; were here to surprise him along with Rachael, her husband Kyle and their five year old daughter, Autumn. Also Rachael was six months pregnant with their second daughter. 

After a very long time we all were meeting each other since all of us have been busy with our work and life. The last time we had a family get together was two years ago at Mary's.

I was sure he was gonna like today's surprise.

“Hold on, baby. Momma will help you,” I didn't want Inigo to ruin the cake, putting the knife down and wiping my hands I walked to him.

He was already holding the cherry in between his fingers. I caught hold of his hand and carefully put the cherry in middle.

“There you go. The cake's all done. Why don't you go and see what others are doing?” I said, picking him off the counter and kissing his head. “Poppa will be home soon.”

“Okay, Momma.” he said excitedly and ran out of the kitchen and I got back to prepare the salad. Tasha was busy decorating the house with help of Henry and Mary.

In the last five years my life had changed drastically.

After Dean proposed me, soon we got married within a month before my stomach started to show. It was a simple spring wedding without many people except our family and close friends. Mr. Herman had walked me down the aisle.

Dean took me back to Greece for our honeymoon where we stayed for one month.

“Jessica, need any help?” Rachael came into the kitchen.

“Oh, no, I'm done with everything. Would you mind keeping the cake in the refrigerator?” Rachael was very sweet just like Tasha. She was only one year older than me.

“Sure,” she smiled and picked the cake from the counter.

“Anything else?” she asked as she closed the door of the refrigerator.

“Nope. Everything's set already. Why don't you all go get ready? Dean will be here in less than an hour.” it was six in the evening. He usually came home by eight but today I'd asked him to come home early. He knew I was planning something but didn't know what exactly was the plan.

“Yeah, we'll do that. The decoration is also over.” with that she walked out of the kitchen.

I love my new home. I couldn't have asked for anything better than this. It was the perfect ideal house one could ever want.

Setting all the things on the table out in the garden which was decorated in a very simple manner, I went to Ingio's room.

“C'mon, baby. Let's get you ready.” he'd already picked his outfit—a pair of khaki cargo pants with a white shirt.