I looked down but soon felt him lifting my head and planting his lips on mine. His soft lips made me feel so safe that I instantly forgot about the nightmare. He slowly pulled away, looking into my eyes.

“I’m here for you.” He whispered and I could’ve sworn my heart skipped a beat.

He walked me back to the bed and lay down next to me.

“What was the nightmare about?” He asked quietly.

“You.” I whispered as if it would actually happen if I said it louder.

He kissed my forehead and I took a deep breath before continuing.

“They punched you, and… said that it was my entire fault that you were hurt.” I didn’t realize I was crying until a sob escaped my lips.

“Shh, it was just a dream.” He said running his fingertips up and down my arm.

I took deep breaths, attempting to calm down. There was nothing to cry about, just a dream and I was totally over-reacting.  But the dream seemed so real, the way he screamed in pain, his voice in my head seemed so real. I got distracted from my thoughts as I noticed Harry’s heart beat. It was so calm and steady that I calmed down myself.

“Better?” Harry asked and I just nodded without looking up.

I felt his fingertips tracing some patterns on my back and I found myself closing my eyes. A sweet kiss was planted on the top of my head.

“I’ll make you some tea.” Harry said and I moved off him lying down on my pillow instead.

Soon Harry appeared with two mugs of hot tea. He handed me one and sat near me on my bed. Thanking him I took a sip of the delicious beverage.

“What time is it?” I asked looking up at Harry as he reached for his phone before answering.

“Half past ten.”

“Oh. Did you see my parents when you came ?” I asked.

“Yes, they were leaving.”

I frowned, they didn’t tell me anything. But maybe they just didn’t want to wake me up.

“ You know I’m okay now, just in case you were doing something before I texted. Like if you need to leave or something.”  I rambled.

It sounded different that how I meant it to, but that just always seemed to happen when I’m with him. I just forget how to talk and that just pisses me off how weak I become with him.

He chuckled and shook his head before standing up and walking towards my wardrobe.

“What are you doing?” I asked confused by his actions.

“Picking your outfit.” He answered, his back facing me as he rummaged through my closet.

“And why is that?” I was too lazy to stop him or even stand up, so I just sat on my bed enjoying my tea, letting him do whatever he was doing.

“Because we’re going out babe.” He stated, not a hint of doubt in his voice.

“Excuse me mister, but I don’t remember agreeing on that.” I chuckled.

“You should know by now that I don’t need permission.” He said, referring to what he said the other day in school about not needing permission to sit near me.

I looked down at my tea, his voice made me understand that he wasn’t joking and if we think about it he could actually do whatever he would want without my permission, but it wasn’t necessarily a bad thing.
For the last couple of weeks I learned to accept him the way he is, stubborn, possessive, dark. I learned to trust him, maybe not fully but it was a good start. But I would be lying if I said that my fear of him had completely vanished; he was so unpredictable and uncontrollable at times but his warmth, his caring side was worth the dark that I had to deal with.