Best Birthday Ever (Kakashi one-shot)

Start from the beginning

SORRY; if the Summary made no sense, I tend to ramble..

PLEASE; make Kakashi like himself, like in the (Shippuden) series.

THANK YOU; very much :)

Story start;

Ryo’s P.O.V

‘What am I going to do?’ I asked myself. I sighed and looked up at the sky. I was walking endlessly around the Leaf village. It was my day off, surprisingly. I rarely get days off and when I do I hardly take them. I don’t really need to since I usually leave Ibiki in charge and do whatever I want during work anyways. I slightly laughed.

“Did I miss a joke or something?” I stopped walking and turned around. It was Kakashi, reading his book, like always.

“No I was just thinking of something and found it funny” I said. Kakashi didn’t even bother looked up from his book. “Aren’t you supposed to be training your students?” I asked. Kakashi shrugged.

“I’ll just tell them that I had something important to do before I was able to come or something like that” he said. I smiled.

“Don’t you mean that you’ll tell them that you got lost on the path of life?” I asked. Kakashi chuckled.

“Yeah something like that” he said. I laughed.

“Something’s never change” I said, shaking my head back and forth. Kakashi looked up from his book, looking at me seriously.

“Yeah I guess” said Kakashi, rubbing the back of his neck.

“Well I’d better get going. I promised Kurenai that I would have lunch with her” I said.

“How is she doing? I mean I haven’t seen her much since Asuma’s funeral” asked Kakashi, sadly. I looked away slightly. Everything’s been different since Asuma died. To me nothing has been the same since. No one has been the same. I looked back over at Kakashi.

“She’s hanging in there” I said. Kakashi’s eyes were full of sadness.

“Well when you see her, tell her that I’ll visit her soon” said Kakashi. I nodded my head.

“I will” I said. I turned around and started heading towards the place that I was meeting Kurenai.

Kakashi’s P.O.V

I watched Ryo leave. My mind started to wonder back to the day before lady Tsunade sent everyone off to chase after the Akatsuki. It was the last time that I really saw Asuma.

I was reading my new Icha Icha book, the one that Naruto gave me when he came back to the Leaf. I’ve already read it twice, but it was just too good to put down.

“Hey, Kakashi” a familiar voice said.

“Hey, Asuma” I said, not even looking up from my book. I heard Asuma stop beside me and leaned against the tree that I was sitting under. Asuma took a long drag of his cigarette and released it, a big white cloud of smoked forming around us.

“Your birthday is in a couple of months. Have you thought of what you wanted to do for it?” asked Asuma. I closed my book, setting it on my lap, and rested my head against the tree; looking up at the sky.

“I haven’t really thought about it” I said. Asuma chuckled.

“Well you better start. Kurenai wants to do something for you” said Asuma. I sighed.