“Where are you ? x  -Melissa”

I waited for an answer but nothing came so I had to leave since the class had already started and I was already late. I shoved my phone back in my bag and ran out of the locker room.

“Sorry I’m late.” I quietly said and stood next to the other students as the teacher assured me that it was okay.

“What took you so long?” Liam asked nudging my side. He was the only one from our group that had P.E. with me.

“I was texting Harry.” I whispered, feeling my cheeks turning pink.

I heard him chuckle.  “I haven’t seen him today” He stated.

“Me neither.” I sighed.

We played volleyball and it was quite fun, even though that my team lost. The only problem was that Joe guy staring at me the whole time.  When the class was finally over I headed to the locker room; I was almost there but someone called my name before I could enter the room.

“Hey.” Joe said.

I just nodded. I needed to make him understand that I wanted him to leave me alone.

“I wanted to apologize, for you know, the last time.” He looked down.

It was probably the first time that he was talking to me without flirting.

“I didn’t know your boyfriend would get so pissed.” He continued.

“He’s not my boyfriend.” I blurted out without thinking, mentally slapping myself.

I shouldn’t have said that; maybe if he thought that Harry was my boyfriend he would leave me alone.

“He isn’t ?” He asked, a smirk growing on his face. His reaction was exactly what I thought it would be.

“Um, no.” I said slowly.

“Well, we could hang out then.”

“I don’t think it’s a good idea.” I said and started to walk away only to be stopped by his hand that grabbed my arm.

I turned around glaring at him and he let go. He was being way too touchy for my liking.

“Look, we started on a bad note. Why don’t we try to start over again?” He said, now smiling.

“I am seeing someone, ok?” I still hoped that he would give up.

“Just friends.”

Just friends; doesn’t sound too convincing coming from him. But maybe if I agree he would leave me alone.

“Fine, just friends.” I pointed my finger in his face.

“Just friends” He repeated once again. Before I knew what was happening he embraced me in a quick hug and walked away. This was awkward.

I just hoped to get away from him with all this ‘friends’ thing. You know, those friends who don’t hang out, don’t speak, don’t hug… well that’s I was planning on doing.

As I entered the locker room, I instantly rushed over my bag to get my phone, but unfortunately I had no new texts. Usually he would text back in no time.

I changed and walked out of the gym into the hallway still thinking about Harry’s absence.  I looked at my phone one more time but it was useless. No texts.

I looked back up and sighed when I noticed Joe and his friends standing by the door which meant that I had to walk past them. One of his friends whispered something in Joe’s ear and he turned his head in my direction. He’s usual, annoying, smirk appeared as he checked me out. I huffed, that is not what just friends do.

I decided to ignore him and just walk past them without looking. I almost succeeded when I heard him call my name. I slowly turned my head but as my eyes were about to land on him Liam appeared in front of me, blocking my view.

“Thank you Li” I sighed “again.” I chuckled.

“You’re welcome, again.”  He smiled. “I saw you guys were talking back in the gym.” He asked as we walked out of the building.

“Yea, he was apologizing and asked to be just friends. I had to agree so he would finally leave me alone.” I explained him.

“Oh, I see.” He smiled, but soon his expression turned into a confused one. “ Wait, apologizing for what?” He asked frowning.

“Um, you see me and Harry went to the skate park the other day and he showed up.” Liam rose his eyebrows at this point.

“And how comes that Joe is still alive?”

I laughed lowly. “Well he is, but Harry was pissed and told me that if he sees Joe near me again he will ‘show him that he’s unwelcomed’ which I believe means that he’s going to beat the shit out of him.”  I explained, taking a deep breath.

“That’s exactly what I expected since the very start.” He chuckled.

I spotted my mom’s car approaching the school’s parking lot.

“Thank you Li, see you on Monday.” I hugged him.

“Bye.” He waved and I walked to the car.

LOVE YOU ALL TO THE MOON AND BACK.

Vals, xx