Chapter 21

*Pallavi Pov*

"Calm down, Pallavi." David mumbled hugging me, but I just couldn't calm down.

"It is all my fault and I should have cleared everything when I got the chance. Actually, I was about to explain to her, but you drag me away." I said staring at him.

"So, it is my fault?" he asked, raising his eyebrows and I nodded before shaking my head.

"I should have known better before playing a childish game and I acted so immature." I mumbled groaning feeling how it was like doing that at my age.

"I love you and they will be fine." He said, assuring me while I frowned.

"Hello?" I said, lifting the call while glancing at the clock to see that it is early in the morning.

"Pallavi, will you take care of my cases?" I heard Kamal's voice.

"Of course!" I replied immediately.

"Thank you so much." He mumbled and I immediately felt bad again.

"I am really sorry, Kamal." I mumbled shaking my head.

"Just forget about it, Pallavi." He said in an assuring tone before hanging up.

"What does he want?" David asked in a sleepy voice.

"He was asking whether I will manage his cases if needed." I replied laying back on his shoulder.

"Do you think he went behind Vani?" he asked and I shrugged.

"I hope so!" I mumbled and drifted off into sleep in his hold.

*Vani Pov*

"Mom! How many times do I have to tell you that you need to eat this food completely?" I asked glaring at her.

"But it is not good." She mumbled pushing the tray away.

"That's why you need to eat it and remember all this before going near lake to bring water without telling Dad." I said, shaking my head and pushed the spoon near to her mouth.

"How do you even know that this is good for the curing of a sprain?" she asked frowning.

"This will not cure your sprain, but will just give you needed things in your body to get the energy in its curing of its own." I replied and felt proud that I remember Kamal's words.

"And I am a doctor's wife, so I know about it." I added grinning.

"Are you happy, Vani?" she asked smiling.

"I am very happy." I replied and turned to leave the room before she complain again regarding the food.

"Don't stress your arm much." I added and walked out to see Dad walking outside the house with a smile.

I frowned and followed him, only to stop in my tracks. He stared back at me even though while answering my Dad regarding general questions.

"Vani! Why are you standing there? Help him to settle." Dad called and I rushed outside to see him walking towards Aunty's house.

We both walked there in silence and waited until Dad opened the door to the house. He left us saying he had some other work and I gave him pointed look to look after Mom.

We both stopped at the entrance looking around the house which is clean and felt glad that Dad took it upon himself to maintain this house.

Kamal without saying a word walked inside his room and I followed him, but stopped remembering he must be thirsty.

So, with a glass of water when I finally walked into his room, I saw that he is standing near the window looking outside.

"Water?" I asked, standing beside him smiling.