Chapter 19

*Vani Pov*

"Vani!" I heard some whispering and I slowly opened my eyes to see Kamal sitting beside me with a tray.

I rubbed my eyes, thinking I am dreaming, but seems like he is really there and that too holding my breakfast.

"What is it?" I asked, clearing my throat and slowly sat up.

"I got hungry so got up and made some breakfast for us. I am sure you are also hungry as we didn't have any dinner yesterday." He replied, smiling and I nodded before tugging his shirt properly and then placed the blanket over my legs.

"Don't be shy and you look good in my shirt by the way." He said and the blush I was stopping until that second came out.

"You look good without it." I said and this time it was his time to stutter a little.

"We will see about that arrangement." He said, shaking his head and I smiled before taking a bite from the breakfast he prepared.

"This is good!" I said in a surprised tone.

"What did you thought? That I don't even know how to cook some breakfast." He asked shaking his head.

"Yeah!" I replied honestly and chuckled at his shocked look.

"Where were you all these months? I never know that you could joke like this or anything." He asked with a frown covering his face.

I stared at him not knowing what to even say to his question. On one side, I can bring her topic, but I already realized he no longer likes her and is ready to give the marriage a chance.

He cares for me and maybe even likes me. Then why do I have to dig into the past and make him uncomfortable.

As for the phone call, it must be about something else otherwise he wouldn't have touched me if he was waiting for that girl.

I know he would never act stupidly as he has the values from Aunty and I can never doubt them no matter what.

So what Pallavi works with him, it is not like they both are the only ones who are working in that hospital.

I trust him and that's all matter for now and even for later! I thought, suddenly feeling something heavy leaving my chest, making me feel more happy than ever.

"I thought, you married me only for Aunty's sake." I replied the second best reason for my behavior.

"That is true, but I always thought of giving my best at the marriage, Vani. You know that many marriages happen like this, but after that is the main important thing. I am not feeling any negative for this married life and I hope you are also happy." He said holding my hand.

"I am! But I am also hungry." I said, taking another bite and he laughed before following my suit.

"So, what happened to the patient?" I asked when he returned to the bed after clearing the tray.

"He is fine, but I hope he recovers and I just remembered that Pallavi is doing night duty but I forgot to ask her about the recovery." He replied, taking out his mobile and called her while I sat there staring at him.

"Thanks again for this help." He said hanging up after a few minutes.

"What help?" I asked him frowning.

"I need not go to hospital today as she wishes to do today's duty too and I so owe her." He replied smiling while I just stared at him with a frown.

"Why?" I asked him fidgeting with my hands.