Chapter 13

*Kamal Pov*

I sat there stiffly for a few seconds after feeling the arms around me and then turned around only to crush her to me before releasing the tears which I couldn't stop anymore.

"I miss her so much, Vani. I kept on thinking she will walk inside the house any moment, but I know that it will never happen." I said closing my eyes tightly.

"I... I am feeling guilty thinking maybe I should have stayed near to her without staying away. I missed so much time and always thought she would be with me forever after I get settled down." I added shaking my head.

"It is not a wrong thing to miss her. I miss her too and will miss her forever. However, she would kill both of us if we made sure we are sad and are trying to get stuck in a moment." I heard her voice making me slowly control the tears.

"I do not know how you are feeling at this moment and maybe no one will ever know. It is not an easy thing to get on with the life." She mumbled and slowly moved a little to glance at my face.

"Do you think she will be happy to see you like this? I know her and I can assure you that she must be scolding you pointing a finger towards you." She said in a serious tone and for the first time after many weeks I felt a small smile covering my face.

"My Dad must be trying to make her anger go away and cool down." I mumbled and she chuckled with tears spilling from her eyes.

"That must be happening for sure." She whispered and I shook my head before hugging her again.

"Why don't you go and freshen up?" she mumbled and tried to move away but I didn't let her.

"Just a minute!" I replied and hugged her even more tightly which she returned after a second.

Feeling the numbness near my knees made me remember her kneeling along with me. I released her and sat down properly, which she followed.

We sat like that for a few seconds and slowly stood up. Without saying a word we both walked outside the room and she walked near the kitchen while I got into our room.

We had a very silent dinner before reaching our room and laid down like the past week before drifting off into sleep.

"Can I have a word, Kamal?" I heard a voice and looked up from the coffee in the canteen to see Pallavi after a week from the day she talked to me.

"Yes?" I asked her frowning.

"I am really sorry about yesterday. Will you forgive me?" she asked and I nodded to which she smiled.

"We will meet at our regular table today evening." I said and she nodded before walking away.

No matter what, we never missed meeting each other every Friday and Saturday and go somewhere on Sunday sometimes or take a rest for the day.

"You should have brought Vani too." That's what Girish said the moment I sat down along with Pallavi.

"I came here directly from the hospital and I can't call her to be here as she doesn't know the city much." I replied shrugging.

"Shall I order something for you?" I heard David asking Pallavi to which she glared at him before ordering herself.

"What happened between you too?" I asked them frowning.

"Just a small fight." David said shrugging.

"Remembering about the fight, I think it would be better if you don't behave rudely with Vani." I said in a serious tone.

"I am so proud of you, Kamal. You finally got your brains." Girish said, slapping my shoulder.

"He was rude?" Pallavi asked in a surprised tone.