Chapter 6

#After One Year#

*Kamal Pov*

"I just need to go to college for some time and then will travel to the village, mom." I said, holding the phone and stared at my friends sitting around me.

"But I thought you would be here directly." She mumbled and I sighed.

"I know! However, my old principal wanted to meet me for a second to know how much helpful the course was." I explained to her.

"Ok! Just be home soon and I have an important news for you." She said hanging up and I just frowned.

"Shall we leave?" Pallavi asked and I nodded before getting up along with my friends.

"We three are going to come with you to the village. We took a week leave." Girish said when we walked outside the campus after meeting the principal.

"Then I will return to the city after one week before searching for a job." I said nodding at him.

"You can just go to the hospitals our principal suggested and I am sure you will get one immediately." David mumbled.

"Actually, I am also coming with you all. I want to meet your mother." Pallavi suddenly stated making all of us halt in our steps, but shrugged before we all left for the bus station.

"I still can't believe that you all settled in the same city." I said looking outside.

"We got used to the city and didn't want to go somewhere else. We just hope you will also get the job in the same city." Rakesh said and I smiled hoping the same.

"So, did your mom talked to you about that girl recently?" Pallavi asked and I frowned at her question.

"Actually, she never took her name for the time I was in the states." I replied staring at her.

"Maybe, she finally saw that you don't want all this." She suggested and I slowly nodded.

"I think so too. We will know when we reach the house." I said, shrugging and continued to look outside.

"Any girlfriend?" Girish asked, slapping on my shoulder.

"No!" I replied, shaking my head.

"Let me guess, did you shared the news of your arranged relation?" Rakesh asked and I laughed because I did the same thing.

"Mom!" I shouted, entering the house and saw her walking outside the kitchen with a bright smile.

"Kamal!" she said and I smiled before hugging her.

"I missed you, mom." I said leaning back.

"Didn't he reduced his weight, Aunty?" Girish asked grinning at her.

"Yes! He just doesn't listen to me that he needs to have his food regularly." Mom said shaking her head at me.

"Mom! You too lost so much weight." I said, frowning at her.

"I am fine! I will bring something for all of you." She said, but stopped looking at Pallavi standing beside me.

"She is Pallavi, Mom." I said, introducing her and she nodded smiling before walking inside.

"I think she suddenly got scared thinking you brought some wife." Girish whispered and I rolled my eyes at him.

"Make sure to tell her that she is your friend." Rakesh said chuckling.

"Stop it, guys." Pallavi said, frowning and stood beside me.

"Mom! What is the important news?" I asked her before taking a sip of water.