Chapter 15

*Vani Pov*

"Damn! I am getting late." I mumbled to myself rushing out of the washroom only to scream looking at the person near the door.

"What are you doing here? I thought you left a few hours ago." I mumbled before stepping outside near to the mirror.

"There was a special emergency case so I had to leave early." He mumbled in a whisper, making me frown and I turned around to see him staring at me but not only my face.

I glanced down to see that I am not wearing a Saree and just holding it in my hands. I gulped, but looked away, feeling shy and also feeling a blush ready to cover my face.

"I will go outside." He mumbled and walked away, making me get a reality flashed.

It will not matter to him even if I stand with even less clothes than this. What am I in front of his girlfriend?

You are just stupid, Vani! I thought, and started getting ready before taking a deep breath.

I walked outside to see him reading a paper and I calmly packed the lunch, which he hasn't taken while leaving early.

"I was about to tell you, but you left early. I am going for an interview." I said when he took the lunch from the table.

"Interview? For what?" he asked, not moving from his place.

"For a receptionist, but a part time." I replied.

"Do you want to?" he asked, staring at my face.

"Yeah! I am getting bored staying here." I replied fidgeting with my hands.

"Ok! Shall I drop you?" he asked and I sighed in relief with his no objection regarding the matter.

"No! There is still time and I will go on my own." I replied, to which he nodded and walked away.

"Don't worry, Vani! You will get this job for sure." Rupa said, assuring me and I shook my head.

"You don't know how scared I got to reach here on that bus. I checked a lot of times the number on it before getting inside. After sitting inside, I checked your message again and again. It was thoughtful of you to give me the bus number." I said holding her hand.

"Someone gave me like that which helped me. We are new to this and are learning. So, even if we make mistakes, then it will never matter." She said shrugging off.

"Anyway, just feel confident and talk in English if you can. We got the coaching of it and I am sure we can cope with it. All the best!" she added before sending me away fro interview.

Until the moment I stepped outside the room I felt like I am sitting in a hot coal room. I glanced around and found Rupa waiting for me.

"So?" she asked the moment I walked near to her.

"It went fine and they said I will get the answer after some time." I replied smiling.

"Great! Let's go for lunch." She said, dragging me towards the canteen and I already got used to her dragging from the time when she dragged me to her parents a few months back.

"So, is everything fine?" she asked after a few minutes.

"Yeah!" I replied, nodding.

"Ok! I think I am really bad at the subtleness. Now, you will tell me whether you asked your husband about that girl and how close he is with her." She demanded and for a second I stared at her in shock.

"I need not ask him at all, Rupa. She is his one of the best friends." I said, sighing and leaned back.

"What? You mean the same girl I saw with the group on Saturday at the restaurant?" she asked with wide eyes.