David - Pallavi

*David Pov*

As we continued to tease Kamal, he shouted at us and it just made us laugh more. A voice joined us and I turned to see Pallavi smiling at Kamal while asking him why is he shouting at Girish while my smile slipped.

She is the girl I have liked for so many months already but her eyes always search for Kamal and stay on him without any change no matter how he treats her as just a normal friend.

"Ask them, Pallavi." Kamal replied, and trying to calm himself down.

"It is just that we ordered this specially today for a special reason." I said when she suddenly looked at me and realized I didn't tell her properly at all.

"Today, his fiancé had the same breakfast as per his mom." Rakesh explained bluntly.

"So, today was the day of the week when your mom calls you and gives you live feed of that's girl's life?" Pallavi asked chuckling.

"You too, Pallavi?" Kamal asked her still with a normal expression.

"Come on! It is fun to talk about it. It is not like you are going to marry her. You don't want this madness like you are saying for the past one year since I met you." She replied smiling.

"And for the past eight years since we met him." Girish added grinning.

"Right! I don't want this madness and will do everything to stop it." Kamal said, nodding, and started packing his books.

"We are getting late for our class." Saying that he stood up and we all followed his suit before walking out of the canteen.

"Pallavi! I heard you wanted to find information on the paper you are working on. I have some information. Do you want it?" I asked reaching her side.

"Definitely! Thank you so much, David! I was plucking my hair feeling lost as I was not able to get proper information." She replied smiling at me and I smiled in relief before passing the Thumb drive to her.

It is worth it after working on this for the past few weeks if I can see her smiling at me like that.

"I will definitely treat you for this help. What do you want to eat?" She asked staring at me.

"Uhmm! How about the ice cream at the shop near the college?" I asked and she laughed hearing my request.

"You are letting me repay with a very small thing. Okay! I will buy you ice creams once a week for the next two months. Okay?" I nodded accepting it and I would have nodded no matter what she would have said.

****

"But Mom..." Kamal started saying and we all glanced up hearing the change in his tone.

"Mom! I believe that it would be better to not talk about marriage. I mean, I don't know her and she doesn't know me. Maybe we both are just not compatible." He said and waited for her reaction.

Now, Aunty will definitely understand his words, and then... I thought glancing at Pallavi and found her smiling at him with a relieved expression.

"Did she again, not understand the meaning behind your words?" Rakesh asked as a statement staring at Kamal's stunned face after the call is cut.

"Yes! When I said it is not good for this marriage as we don't know each other, she thought I am thinking about getting to know her on my own." He replied and sighed.

"Maybe you should try more than simple words." Pallavi suggested.

"Like what? My studies will finish soon and then I don't know what will happen." He said rubbing his forehead.