Chapter 20

*Kamal Pov*

"I can't believe that he was in danger of dying today morning. As per your phone call yesterday, he was fine." I said sipping my coffee.

"That's what we all thought, but seems like he wants all of us on our toes. I mean, there is still danger of him dying." Pallavi said shaking her head.

"At least I hope he comes out alive." I mumbled and sighed, remembering how hurriedly I left the home with the phone call from Pallavi.

I didn't even give much detail and that too properly. I just hope she doesn't think badly about all this.

"So, how is your life?" Pallavi asked staring at me.

"I am very happy!" I replied honestly and she smiled at me.

"You don't know how glad am I to hear that." She said, grinning at me before standing up.

"Where are you going?" I asked her frowning.

"I need to talk with David. I waited until now without answering him regarding his proposal." She explained and rushed towards my room which is near to the place we have to stay for the patient.

When the sound came from my beeper, I stood up and rushed towards the patient to see a few help already there waiting for the resident.

"Don't call Dr.Pallavi now." I instructed the nurse and she nodded before stopping the instructions for the beepers.

"Good job!" our head said before walking away and we all left the room after deciding the timings.

"He is fine now? I am so sorry, I didn't got the message." Pallavi said the moment I walked inside the canteen feeling hungry.

"I asked them not to and I never thought this much time will it take for the operation. I am really hungry right now." I mumbled shaking my head.

"You must be tired too, and I am sure the food here will not be enough. Why don't we go and meet our friends as usual and you can even have some good food?" she offered and I nodded before we both left the hospital towards the restaurant.

"If there is no emergency then we both are not needed. However, I instructed them to call me for an emergency as you looked after him for so much time yesterday." I said while walking near to David and Rakesh who are waiting for us.

"You were not lying right?" that's what David asked the moment we reached near to them.

"Of course not! And you seemed to be happy when I told you." Pallavi said frowning.

"Happy? He coughed his food out in shock." Rakesh said teasing him.

"I am so happy for both of you." I said, smiling at them and then dived into the food with my body on the verge of shutting down with no food from morning except coffee.

"I hope you will be happy for me too." We heard a voice and turned to see Girish walking near to us along with Rupa.

"Why does he always make such dramatic entries?" I asked them and they chuckled at my question.

"Today it is special to do it. Now, meet my official girlfriend." He said, pointing at Rupa.

"Finally, he had the nerve to ask me." Rupa said shaking her head.

"What a lie!" Girish mumbled and settled down.

"I think I am only left as single." Rakesh said with painted voice.

"Ask that question with your girlfriend and your six year relationship." David said hitting his shoulder.

"Why don't we go somewhere as couples together?" I offered.