Rupa - Girish - #1

Note: There will be a few repeating events from the previous parts of the story

*Rupa Pov*

I sat on the ground feeling panic after the way I wrote the paper. It was so tough and I tried my best to write each and every answer but I still missed a few.

What should I do now? How can I achieve anything if I don't get good marks? What if I had to stay in this village and get married to the person my parents bring because of having no option to leave this village and get an opportunity to change my life.

"Why are you grinning so much today while we all are in grief regarding today's tough paper?" I heard someone saying and I felt relieved thinking maybe if everyone didn't write it properly then it could be fine.

I continued to hear a conversation but my mind is on a run thinking maybe it will be fine and I need not feel low.

But those thoughts got cut off when I realized no one in the city will ask me whether the paper is tough or how much everyone else scored. I need to fight more already because of coming from a village and now with these poor marks my chances will go away.

"And, there is no other reason for my parents to stop her to call her son home to get me married." Hearing those words I gripped my hold on the question paper and I couldn't stop myself from uttering the next words.

"Oh God! I just can't believe this." Everyone turned around hearing my voice and Vani frowned at me.

"What is your problem, Rupa?" She asked in an irritated tone.

"My problem is your naiveness, Vani." I replied frowning back.

"What do you mean?" She asked and somehow all my frustration came out and in the end, I attacked her with mean words.

"Did you forget that he is studying in the city and that too higher studies? And not only that but also his stay in the city for many years, except for the holidays?" I asked shaking my head.

"If you forgot, we are still not writing our exam. So, you can come to the point without going in circles like our answers." She said fuming and I know I should have stopped but I couldn't control my words.

"Fine! Do you really think he would choose a village girl over someone more perfect for him to get along with?" I pointed out and her friends frowned at me before tugging her saying to not mind me.

And I wish she ignored me right now so that even I could stop but she continued to talk and her naiveness really triggered me.

"He will choose me over everyone. I am not a secret from him and he knows that he is going to marry me. I can even bet that I am very special for him like he is for me." She even smirked after saying those words but I didn't back down.

"Really? How many years has it been since you talked to him?" I asked back.

"I need not talk to him. I have someone who does that in a more special way. And I will talk to him soon when he comes here." she said shrugging.

"You know in your heart that there will be problems with this marriage, Vani." I said shaking my head.

"If there is, then I know how to solve it. Look at your own life without minding others." She said glaring at me before getting up to run away.

Her friends shouted her name but she didn't stop at all and continued to run while I closed my eyes in regret.

What did she do to me for me to react towards her like this? She didn't cause me any problems and living her own life with her own dream of marrying that guy.