Chapter 4

*Kamal Pov*

"I don't know why you are dragging us along with you. We three would have taken a well deserved rest before our exams start the next week, right?" Girish asked yawning.

"Our exams will take a long time to finish and I can't make my mom wait for my visit. And you all are here because just a few hours back you decided it." I replied and pointing out his own plan in the end.

"That seemed to be like a sound plan to see your fiance run the in the opposite direction in live. However, I am tired with that bus journey at present along with this walking into the village with no transport we can find." He explained and yawned again.

"Do you think it is right time to tell him?" David whispered near my ear and I stopped myself from laughing.

"Tell me, what?" Girish asked, apparently hearing David's words.

"That you are not going to get your wish." That's all David replied before walking away.

"She is not in the village and left last weekend for her cousin's wedding." I explained making Girish frown.

"Why didn't you tell me, but informed those both?" he asked, looking at the grins covering our two other friends.

"You were out with your girlfriend when I got the call and even Pavani knows this." I replied shrugging and stared at my house.

"Well, we can at least have your Mom's food." He said shrugging himself.

"Mom!" I said, entering the house with a big frown to see that she hasn't even closed her door.

"Kamal? Today?" Mom asked the moment stepping out of the kitchen with a big frown for herself.

"Are you not happy, Mom?" I asked her frowning more.

"Today?" she asked again before glancing at the clock which we four followed to see that it is near to lunch.

"It doesn't matter!" she mumbled and started walking near to the small table in the living room.

"Mom! What happened to you?" I asked, still not believing her disappointed look.

"It's good to see you, Kamal." She mumbled without even looking at me and just dialed someone's number from the phone.

"Is she really ignoring you? She didn't let you leave her sight when she came to the campus to visit." Rakesh whispered from beside me.

"I think she is calling her." David whispered, and we all immediately walked near to her, but put a little distance away to not make her feel suspicious.

"I am not lying, dear. Have I ever lied to you?" Mom asked, frowning at the table.

"He just arrived and I didn't even know that he is arriving. If you don't believe me, then wait a second." She said before turning towards our side only for her eyes to widen.

"Kamal!" she calmly called.

"What is it, mom?" I asked her not able to remove the frown from my face at all.

"See? Now, it is in your hands. However, make sure to take a transport and not walk all the way from the city." She said laughing before hanging up the phone.

"She is a crazy girl and you are so lucky." She added, smiling at me before hugging me with a bright smile.

"I am so glad that you decided to visit me and also to bring your friends with you." She said smiling at my friends.