Extra #1

Note: Many of the past parts are included in this part. 

*Vani Pov*

I woke up feeling continuous pats on my cheek and opened my eyes to find my daughter standing near the bed and is still patting my cheek to wake me up.

I immediately sat up and looked around to find it is still dark and so I checked the time to find it is still two in the morning.

"What is it?" I asked in a whisper to not disturb sleeping calmly beside me but he still turned over feeling disturbed.

She didn't say anything but lifted her little finger and I nodded getting down from the bed before holding her hand.

When we reached the washroom which is outside the house, I stood near the door while she finished her work before we both walked into the house.

I made sure to lock the door and then we both walked to Kamal's room which is now hers room to sleep.

As I made her lay down on the bed, she didn't let go of my hand while pouting at me. I smiled at her expression and laid down beside her.

"Feeling scared?" I asked adjusting her quit.

She nodded snuggling into my arms while I patted her back to make her go back to sleep and I felt sleepy myself with every passing second.

She doesn't wake me up like this anymore generally but right now we are in the village and staying at Kamal's house and it is a bit spooky for children.

Also, as the washroom is outside, I repeated a few times to wake me up if she wants to go to the washroom and as expected she listened to me.

I closed my eyes and continued to pat on her before drifting off into sleep not able to stay awake anymore and then go back to our room.

This time I felt someone taking Sharadha from my arms and I immediately tightened my hold before waking up in fear.

"It's me!" I sighed in relief hearing Kamal's voice.

"You scared me!" I mumbled at him before glancing at our daughter to find her lifting her arms wishing to be picked up by her father.

"Why are you sleeping here?" he asked picking her up after I let her go and I groaned turning around to look at him.

"She woke me up for washroom and didn't let me leave. And I somehow slept off." I explained yawning and found strong light from the window.

"What time is it?" I asked sitting up and he chuckled shaking his head.

"Don't worry! There is still time for us to freshen up. I also woke up just now and didn't find you. So, I came here to check and found her trying to get loosen from your hold the moment she saw me." He replied before leaning over to kiss my cheek and my daughter followed his suit to kiss my other cheek.

"Go and get freshen up then. I will prepare breakfast and then get her ready." I mumbled before kissing on their cheeks.

He nodded walking out of the room still holding her and I followed him out of the room. After brushing my teeth while she brushed hers, we both left the room for him to freshen up and walked towards the kitchen.

"Sit down here and don't move." She nodded hearing my words and sat calmly on the chair.

I walked out of the house and got the milk packet I asked Dad to bring for us when he goes to buy for them. He also bought a newspaper without us mentioning and I walked back into the house holding both of them.

After boiling the milk, I prepared a glass for her and passed it only when it was not that hot anymore and she can drink it normally.

Using the batter Mom gave yesterday night when we came here, I prepared breakfast and first fed her before putting the other dosas in a box.