Chapter 18

*Vani Pov*

Pallavi is a great girl like, really great girl! I winced inside remembering his words and then his confidence regarding how I would understand the situation.

Does he think I am mad or what? I will not accept him leaving me and I will do anything I can.

But how will I get his love through that? I thought, feeling the confidence slip up completely and all of a sudden I heard a loud shrilling sound.

I turned around to see a car passing me making me stun in my steps. I glanced at my surroundings to see that I am standing somewhere in the city to which I am not familiar with.

When did I reach here and how? I thought, shaking my head before moving away from the road to not get close to some vehicle hit.

One second I was walking into the living room, remembering the emergency case he got in the morning and ask him about it.

Then in the next second I am standing here, which proves my stupidity reaching another level.

I heard a laughter and turned to see a few men walking, but a few glanced at me for a few seconds. However, in the end they walked away and I rushed near to the only lighting I can see on the road which is coming from a park.

With shaking hands, I realized that I am holding my phone and immediately called Kamal not knowing what else to do.

After he assured me that he will come, I felt a little ease, but the terror didn't leave me at all.

What was I thinking running away like this without conscience? Aunty would be so disappointed in me or maybe she already is.

Now, he will feel the same when he gets to know that I actually ran. I am so stupid! I thought covering my face, wishing to hide my face forever.

"Vani!" the voice made me remove my hands and I turned to see Kamal parking his bike.

While I stood like a statue, he rushed towards me before holding my shoulders and started asking so many things like why am I here and how did I reached here.

"Kamal!" I whispered and broke down into sobs hauling myself into his arms.

"Shh! Let's go to our home." He whispered and took me near to his bike.

When I sat on the bike, I hugged him tightly with fear that this is all a dream and I am still standing there on the road.

"Drink some water!" his words brought me out of my thoughts making me realize I was lost in my thoughts and at present sitting on the couch with him before me.

"Now, tell me what were you doing there and why and also how did you reach there." He said staring at me after I calmed down.

"I... I ran, I think." I replied feeling ashamed.

"You ran?" he repeated and I nodded, but flinched when he cursed.

"Why did you? Do you have any idea how stupid that is to do? This is not a village, Vani, this is a city and it is very late too. Just think what would have happened if I didn't reach early or you didn't have anything with you to reach me?" he shouted and I sat there understanding his words before standing up.

"I am sorry! I didn't know why I ran until I stopped. I am really sorry." I said, brushing my tears away, but they didn't stop.

"You didn't know? God! What have I got myself into?" he asked himself and I flinched before stepping away from him towards our room.

"I was talking to you and you came here?" he asked following me into the room.

"What should I do? I apologized and I will not do it again. I understand your words and it must be a headache to keep up with a village girl like me with whom you don't have any compatibility." I replied, folding my arms suddenly feeling not so guilty after hearing his anguish regarding what he got himself into.