Chapter 8

*Kamal Pov*

"Ok! Tell me if she wakes up." Mom mumbled on the phone before hanging up.

"How is she?" I asked her frowning.

"Still in a coma and they have wished to stay for a few days there." She replied sighing.

"Satvi will be fine, Mom." I said holding her hand.

"Why don't you all take some rest?" Mom asked, looking at my friends and me.

"We are fine, aunty." Girish said and she nodded before clutching the phone.

"She didn't talk to me." She slowly mumbled.

"She must be in shock or somewhere." I mumbled back.

"So, did you like the engagement ring she bought for you?" she suddenly asked turning towards me.

"Even if you don't, you should like it because she bought it with her own money." She added before I could say anything.

"She had that much money?" Rakesh asked, frowning at her.

"Yes! From the past few years she stopped celebrating her birthday completely and started saving that money for the ring. She even did few works and let go buying some things just for the ring." Mom replied smiling.

"But why?" David asked and I too want to know.

"She wanted the ring to be a special gift for Kamal. She wanted it to be a symbol for her love." Mom replied and we all sat stunned.

"She loves me?" I asked after a few minutes not knowing what to even say to her.

"Of course! She was in love with you for many years." She said smiling and stood up.

"I will go and see for dinner arrangements." She mumbled and walked away while I just sat there.

"Now I understood her running every time." Girish said grinning at me.

"You are lucky to be engaged to a person who loves you." Rakesh said smiling.

"However, he is not actually engaged." Pallavi suddenly said making all of us stare at her.

"What do you mean?" David asked her frowning.

"She didn't put the ring on his finger." She replied, shrugging and we all stared at my finger.

"I don't even know that she didn't put it. How did you?" I asked her frowning.

"I was just watching you both." She replied shrugging.

"Nevertheless, everyone thinks the engagement is over and it is over." Girish said sternly to her.

"What do you say, Kamal?" she asked, turning towards me ignoring my friends.

"It is over and we need to leave tomorrow for the city. I want to search for a job soon." I replied, standing up and walked towards my room.

"So, you like her?" she asked following me.

"No! But she is my fiancé." I replied and started packing my clothes.

"We are again leaving without talking to her?" Girish asked, frowning at me when we stood near the door the next day.

"She will be staying at the hospital for a few more days and will be tired to have a talk about anything. In the meantime, I can search for my job." I replied and turned to wait for mom.

"You will marry her right, Kamal? No matter what happens." Mom suddenly asked.

"Yes! Now, you take care of yourself." I replied, hugging her and walked away with my friends.