Chapter 2

*Kamal Pov*

"Have a bite of this, Kamal. I think our canteen decided to show some mercy on us today with delicious food." I heard Girish asking and I turned away from my book only to glare at him.

"No!" I shouted and ignored the looks other students giving hearing my raised voice.

I shook my head and continued to study with my three friends laughing among themselves. I tightened my grip on the book hoping to kill all of them, but took a deep breath to hide the anger and relaxed.

"Why are you shouting at him, Kamal?" Palavi asked sitting at our table.

"Ask them, Pallavi." I replied in a controlled tone.

"It is just that we ordered this specially today for a special reason." David explained, but actually didn't and that's how he does everything.

He thinks he explained, but forgets to mention the main point making it as a teasing sport for us over him. However, it seems like this is my day to take all the teasing.

"Today, his fiancé had the same breakfast as per his mom." Rakesh explained bluntly.

"So, today was the day of the week when your mom calls you and gives you live feed of that's girl's life?" Pallavi asked chuckling.

"You too, Pallavi?" I asked her still with a normal expression.

"Come on! It is fun to speak of it. It is not like you are going to marry her. You don't want this madness like you are saying for the past one year since I met you." She replied smiling.

"And for the past eight years since we met him." Girish added grinning.

"Right! I don't want this madness and will do everything to stop it." I said, nodding and started packing my books.

"We are getting late for our class." I said and they all nodded, getting up before we started walking to our classes.

"Today was so tiring, guys." Rakesh said, walking to our spot where we all meet at the end of each day before returning to our hostel.

"Why don't we go to a bar?" Girish suggested and I nodded before, waiting for David.

"Why is he running towards us?" I asked, staring at David, who is running like there is some dog chasing him.

"We all decided to go to a bar as it is the weekend." Rakesh put the words out ignoring the way David is calming his breath.

"Sure! However, we need to wait for a few minutes." He said before pushing Rakesh and Girish away from me and also himself.

"For what?" I asked him frowning.

"It's time!" that's all he replied and I frowned more not getting one proper thought to suit his reply.

"Oh!" Rakesh and Girish suddenly said at a time and I turned to see some girl walking near to me with a small smile.

"Hi, Kamal!" she said, waving and introduced herself.

"Yes?" I asked, folding my arms.

"I really like you." She replied and immediately looked down with shyness.

I sighed, rubbing my forehead and took a deep breath before saying, "I need to let you know something."

She immediately nodded and waited for me like I am a lecturer and she is a student who is preparing for an MBBS entrance exam or some other. However, as I have experience with MBBS one I will settle for that now.

"The thing is, my parents are amazing and their best friends are our neighbors. So, when our neighbors had a daughter they wanted more than the friendship between the families." I started saying and she nodded.

"After a few years, when we became little normal friends, our marriage was fixed to be held when she finishes her graduation no matter what." I added and her face paled.

"I really don't want to go with all of this. I mean, I don't even know her as I decided to study in a great school in the city and moved away. This is just madness and completely abnormal right?" I asked, to which she immediately nodded with a smile.

"However, I will come out of this and choose someone on my own without any restrictions and with my mom's blessings." I said and she suddenly grinned.

"So, you like me too?" she asked, but I sighed shaking my head.

"No! As you can see, I have so much to do before even thinking about someone. I think it would be best if you forget me and I try to come out of this." I replied and she reluctantly nodded before stepping back.

"And, don't tell this to anyone." I immediately added to her back.

I looked to my friends to see them covering their mouths like they are attempting to stop themselves from laughing.

"What is the count?" Girish asked finally laughing.

"I forgot!" Rakesh said, shaking his head.

"What guys? Should I have responded to her words without solving all this mess?" I asked walking near to them.

"No! But a simple 'No' would have been suffice." David replied smiling.

"I just want to make them understand." I said shrugging.

"Like for the past few years you are doing with each girl whenever she proposes to you?" Rakesh asked, and I frowned, but nodded.

"Let's just go! I have some new problem over my head." I replied, walking near to our bikes.

"What is it?" Girish asked following me.

"Today was her last exam." I replied and they had another round of laughter before we reached the bar.

"You know, I really miss my dad." I mumbled leaning back to the small bed spreading my legs on the floor.

"It's been a few years right?" Girish asked patting my hand.

"I wish I was there to stop it." I replied closing my eyes.

"It was just an accident, Kamal. No one could do anything about it." Rakesh said and I felt his hand over mine.

"I just wish my mom comes here to stay with me." I mumbled taking a deep breath.

"You will finish your post graduation within a month and then will have a job in any great hospital as you are also doing an internship. Then bring her here with you." Girish suggested like every time.

"Yes! I need to do that and get her away from that girl. I mean, why does my mom talks only about her and no one else. Is that girl threatening my mom or what?" I asked frowning to myself.

"Ask her next week when she calls you." Rakesh said and I nodded before drifting off into sleep in the same position.

I don't want to meet that girl at all and will be out of this mess soon. She is not my fiancé and will never be.

--------------

i actually thought to write this with some other plot when i was writing 'in love! again...' but as usual changed my mind by the time i am writing it...

how is the chap guys???

comment plz and vote...