Chapter 7

*Vani Pov*

"But Di, I want you to attend this." I mumbled frowning before glancing at the attire chosen for tomorrow's function.

"I too want to attend, but it is really not possible right now. Why did you all rushed for this?" she asked and I sighed, knowing well everyone will question the same.

"We were not sure that tomorrow, there will be engagement in the first place. When Aunty got to know that he has returned and is visiting his college principal, we started the preparations." I started explaining.

"If he had returned tomorrow, then the engagement would be on the latter day." I added calmly.

"But why?" she asked again and then I remember not telling her about everything that happened during this one year.

"After he left, I really felt sad, but then thought of passing the time by doing something. So, I joined the computer course which was not done by any girl in our village. Now, they want to make me as their daughter-in-law and all. Because of which I started getting many proposals." I replied, remembering how the people just started coming after a few months of the course and didn't stop until last month.

"You didn't like anyone from those proposals?" she suddenly asked making me take a step back.

"Di! I can't think of anyone else as my husband and you know that. I love him, Di." I replied frowning.

"Vani! I just don't want to see you hurt. Did you talk to him at least now?" she asked and I bit my lip.

"No! I can't meet him now and if he doesn't want this then he can reject to this." I replied shaking my head.

"Get to know if he likes someone or something before taking this step." She mumbled reluctantly.

"If he really likes someone, then my aunty would never make me go through this relation. She loves me." I said confidently.

"Yes! She is nearly obsessed with making you as her daughter-in-law." She mumbled.

"Di! You are coming to my engagement or not? Is Karthik's birthday more important than this?" I asked, frowning, not liking her saying all those things.

"I have some other things to do. I will be there the next day to celebrate your special day with you along with your Jiju." She replied and I sighed.

"Fine! I have some work and will talk later." I said and hung up before rubbing my forehead.

I paced in my room thinking about everyone's words and immediately shook my head before glancing at the mirror.

I love him and am going to get engaged to him tomorrow evening. Nothing can stop that and I will not lose him.

"Vani! You need to sleep early today. So, have some food." Mom called me from the kitchen.

"Ok!" I replied and was about to walk towards the door, but stopped when my phone rang.

I lifted it up seeing some new number and said "Hello?"

"Is this Vani?" some girl asked.

"Yes! Who is this?" I asked, frowning as the voice doesn't seem to be familiar.

"I am Pallavi! And I called you to say that this engagement shouldn't happen." She calmly replied.

"Wh...what?" I asked, not understanding her words at all.

"Yes! I love him and he really likes me." She replied and for a second I stood stunned before taking a deep breathe.

"Whatever lies you are telling me will be known by him within a few minutes." I said warning her.