Chapter 17

*Kamal Pov*

"Hello?" I mumbled in a sleepy voice lifting the call but didn't open my eyes feeling great for some reason.

"We have an emergency, Sir. And we need as much help as we can." I heard the nurse's voice who works with our team making me sit up.

"I will be there in a few minutes." I said, hanging up and glanced down to see an arm around me.

"Vani!" I whispered, shaking her and she woke up startled before moving away from me in confusion.

"There is an emergency and I need to leave for the hospital." I said and she slowly nodded before rubbing her eyes.

"I will be here later to freshen up though." I added when she seemed to be not sleepy anymore.

"Ok! I will also leave soon today then." She mumbled, getting down from the bed and I frowned, thinking she might stay for us to have a word with each other.

"Fine!" I mumbled and immediately got ready before leaving the home in a rush.

"How is the patient's condition? I didn't get the call about the emergency." Pallavi asked when I walked outside the operating theatre.

"We had it under control by that time I guess and you are still needed. However, why don't you finish your work for now while keeping an eye on this patient? I need to freshen up properly and we don't want to leave the patient alone when the resident comes here to check him, right?" I asked, smiling and she nodded before I left for the home feeling more than tired.

I lay on the bed thinking about what is happening in our lives. I know, we didn't get married in the normal circumstances, but I thought she loves me or as per Mom at least and she would never lie.

Then why is she being so distant and taking wrong regarding any word I have with her a few times.

Maybe that was just an infatuation and now feeling that for someone else. I thought, remembering how close she is to Girish while she never talked to me until I start the conversation.

I walked near to the dressing area to search for a new watch when I saw my older one damaged. After a few minutes I finally found that, but also another thing with it.

It seemed to be an engagement ring and it is really good design. I frowned and then remembered how she didn't get the chance to put the ring on my finger because of the phone call.

According to Mom this was her love symbol, then why didn't she give it to me and hid it in this place?

I think I should think about my feelings before questioning her in any way. I am definitely attracted to her for the way I feel whenever I caught her sight or sometimes accidentally present while she is changing her attire.

And I like her nature too regarding how much she loved my Mom and the way she takes care of everything.

She is sweet in a way with whomever she talks and stubborn too. She is a good runner for sure! I thought, chuckling to myself and shook my head.

I really like her! I came to the point and felt like it is deeper than liking, but all it is missing is anything positive from her side regarding her feelings.

Maybe I should talk to her about mine after we clear the things between us and also know how she feels about me without scaring her.

"I will do the night shift, Kamal. You are here from early morning." Pallavi stubbornly said and I sighed, nodding before leaving the hospital in the evening.

I wanted to skip the hangout with my friends, but then remembering yesterday's incident I drove towards the restaurant.

"You are here?" David asked in a shocked tone.