Chapter 5

*Vani Pov*

"I know, you wanted to talk to him, but they had to leave early to catch the bus. We don't get one right after dark and they can't travel tomorrow with the exams starting from day-after tomorrow." Aunty explained the moment I walked in her house after freshening up.

"His friend explained to me, Aunty." I said, smiling and sat for dinner along with her.

"At least you didn't run immediately with just the news of him in the house." She mumbled and I frowned.

"He must think I am some crazy person. I shouldn't have run like that on the roads." I mumbled back.

"I just want you to get to know him and he does the same. We elders are here only to arrange the wedding. However, you both are the ones who should live life long together." She said in a serious tone.

"There will be no change of decision from my side no matter what happens unless he actually doesn't want this." I said shrugging ignoring the pinching in the heart.

"We will talk about that when he comes here after the exams." She said nodding.

"Did mom said anything else?" I asked, clearing the dishes.

"No! She just asked me to make you stay in my house at night, and that they will return tomorrow morning." She replied and walked inside the room.

"I wish I had a word with him and ask him whether he likes me or not." I mumbled staring at the wall.

"You never wanted to know about that until a few weeks back. What changed it?" she asked with confusion clear in her tone.

"I don't know!" I mumbled and then remembered that girl's words.

"After exams, he will be here until he gets a job. Ask him at that time." She suggested and I sighed, nodding before drifting off into sleep.

*Kamal Pov*

"What happened to you?" someone asked, shaking me and I immediately came out of my thoughts.

"What?" I asked, turning to my side to see David frowning at me.

"You seem to be lost from the moment we left your house. What happened?" Rakesh asked from behind his seat.

"Nothing!" I replied before looking outside.

"He is just in shock after looking at his fiancé, guys." Girish commented and I didn't say anything because he is finally right.

"Even we are shocked." David mumbled sighing.

"She actually seemed to be positive regarding this relation." Rakesh mumbled bluntly.

"She will change that once I talk to her." I mumbled back.

"You talked too much just a few hours back, right." Girish said with sarcasm dripping in his words.

"I... I just... I don't know." I mumbled, shaking my head and closed my eyes only to open them in the next second.

Damn those eyes! I thought to myself before closing my eyes and this time started thinking about the study plan and nothing else.

"Tomorrow we all will be free." Rakesh said, sighing before leaning on the tree while we are waiting for Girish and David.

"We need to search for a job." I pointed out.