"So maybe the real question is: is this a novel? Or someone's prediction?"

"I think the real answer is we should all leave this fucking town before we're next," Addy hissed. The more and more she thought about those 'Dread Doctors,' the more and more she remembered that dream. It seemed to get more realistic every time, which was absolutely terrifying. "I'm not about to be buried in a hole."

"I agree," Malia piped up. She didn't want anything to do with those guys.

"We can't," Lydia stopped the two. "We're going to have to stop this. And we're going to need all the help we can get. Now get to class."

)(          *          )(

Stiles, Lydia, and Addy pulled up to the place everyone dreaded most: Eichen House. They were there to see a certain patient that wasn't exactly in the normal – well, as normal as you could get – section.

Dr. Gabriel Valack was in the supernatural ward of the building. They had found a dedication in the back of the book addressed to him. It was the only lead they had, considering the author was non-existent otherwise and the book itself didn't make any sense. However he was locked up in the heart of the insane asylum. 

Addy stood nervously against the side of the jeep next to Stiles. She wasn't too fond of going in there, but she was going to anyway. They needed to figure out what the book meant, and why Valack was so important to be mentioned in it. Addy wasn't about to let her friends endanger themselves and go alone so she volunteered to tag along. Well, she more so demanded that she was going.

"Are you going to be okay in there?" Scott asked. He was looking at his best friend, with concern written all over his face.

Addy forgot that Stiles had once paid a visit there. It had to been close to a year since he was there, but every little memory stayed at the back of his mind. The things he had done... The people that got hurt, that was all on him. At least he believed it to be his fault.

"Yeah. Why?"

"You just seem a little off," Scott explained. He was worried for his friend. Addy was too. She noticed how he wasn't as talkative, especially on the drive there. He was silent and had occasionally rubbed at his shoulder. It wasn't like him. She was used to Stiles' constant chatter and accusations.

"I think we're all a little off."

"Some of us more than others." Scott glanced behind him. Kira was acting strange too. He only really started to notice since that night at Sinema. 

"Wait, what happened?"

"When the other chimera, Lucas, when he came after us, I heard Kira say something in Japanese," Scott started. Stiles stated that it didn't sound too bad that she was speaking her parent's native tongue. There were much worse things that she could have been doing. 

"Kira doesn't know any Japanese," Addy quipped up. She remembered the day she asked, which was a blunt no. It was quite embarrassing on her part, but Kira assured her it was fine. She still felt bad.

"Still not terrible."

"I also think that Addy stopped her from killing Lucas," Scott continued. Kira was definitely not herself that night, she was dangerous. 

"Okay," Stiles nodded. He was shocked by the news. Kira looked like she couldn't even hurt a fly. "Wasn't he trying to kill you though? I mean that just sounded like self-defense." 

"It was more than that. She nearly took off his head," Addy whispered. The two girls were trying to get the gate opened, and the short distance between them was easy to hear if they raised their voices. "We had it under control and she just flipped."