"That's... Surprisingly accurate. But still, we actually want you. You'd be beneficial; way more beneficial than your brother. You said it yourself, you can help us more than he can. It's your life or his. Your call," Kisame said.

"Then... Then..." I bit my lip, staring down at the wooden table in front of me. What should I do? My life... Or Ryuu's? It took only a few moments to answer, "Then you might as well kill me. No deal. I refuse to kill Ryuu."

Kisame stared at me like I was insane, and Itachi eyed me curiously. "You do realize what happens if you refuse, don't you? I made myself clear, and we both agreed to my terms," Itachi said.

"I know," I said quietly, "Look, I may not know Ryuu that well... But he knows me. For six years, he and I did everything with each other. I may not remember it, but he does, and I know that he'd do anything for me, even though we haven't been with each other in years. No matter what, family is family, and Ryuu's the only family I've got left. I refuse to do anything to harm him in any way."

Itachi stared me down, and an emotion I couldn't identify passed in his eyes. Just as it appeared, however, it faded. "Ryuu's not good, you know. He's in the Akatsuki. At the mere age of 14, he's taken more lives than you could even dream. He's no saint," He said.

I stared back at him, but I closed my eyes, following what my heart told me instead. "I don't believe you. Ryuu's just... Confused. He's lost his light, but I'll help him find it. No matter what he's done... He's my brother. And nothing you say can change that, or make me care about him any less. I stand by my decision. Kill me. Better it be me than him," I said strongly, opening my eyes and staring at him without fear.

I placed the poison packet down on the table, sliding it back over to the two Akatsuki members. I tucked my hands back under the table, sighing. Oh, well... At least I'd die for a good cause. Saving my brother was worth dying for.

I know, I know... I'm mental. Who gives up, just like that? To be honest, I was hoping they wouldn't kill me. I mean, they couldn't hurt me with all these people around, could they? They had to keep who they were a secret, and killing me in a public place would be stupid, even if they could kill everyone here without thinking twice about it.

"That's it, then," Itachi said, standing up. "Kisame... You know what to do." I blinked. Was he serious? They couldn't just kill me in front of everyone!

The fish man sighed, standing up and pulling his giant sword off of his back. "Okay, okay... Man, I always get the tough jobs... But, well enough, I get it," He said, turning to me.

I kept my hands under the table, trying to make sure they didn't tremble and give away the fact that I was actually terrified for my life. I saw Kisame lift up his sword, and I quickly shut my eyes. I heard him swing it down, but suddenly, Itachi said,

"Wait."

"What is it?" Kisame inquired, sounding a bit annoyed.

"We've got witnesses. Let's take this outside," Itachi answered, standing up. And, just like that, he exited the shop.

I tiled my head, staring at the exit with the biggest 'huh?' face in the entire world. "What... But wait! Ryuu's outside! Itachi! UGH!" I exclaimed, stomping my foot and standing up to go after the Uchiha. Kisame chuckled behind me, and I shot him a glare.

"YOU! I blame you for this! So, be silent!" I hissed, pointing a finger at him as I glared. He held up his hands in defense, and I scowled at him once more before disappearing outside the shop.

When I couldn't locate Itachi or Ryuu, I started to get panicked. I whirled my head from side to side, trying to figure out where the hell either of them were. Itachi wouldn't just kill Ryuu like that, would he?