Akira's Diary

"Well, well... So the rumor's are true, then. The great Takeda Princess Minxie is actually in a library," Mitchell teased as he came into the library, ready to annoy me, no doubt. If you're wondering, yes, he and I had made up. The next morning, after I had spoken to Gaara, he came to my room and apologized, which was odd, since Mitchell doesn't really do apolgies. But I, of course, forgave him. I knew where he was coming from, anyway. I would've done the same thing if I was in his place.

"And what in God's name is up with your hair?" Kylie asked, appearing behind him. Josh was behind her, and together, the three flooded into the library. See, Lady Tsunade had let me use her personal library, since, for some odd reason, she loves me. But, in truth, I was afraid. No, I wasn't scared of what I might discover. I was scared to be alone with a whole bunch of books. Libraries are evil places; I'm telling you. They force children to be quiet, and the librarians are always old and scary looking.

Still, I needed answeres. So, I had come in here to, peacefully, do research. My friends, of course, came to ruin that.

"This," I said, pointing to the deformed and curly mess of a bun that sat on top of my head, "is my thinking hairdo! Do not judge it! It's helped me through countless Algebra projects, thank you very much."

"So you're completely content with it? You wouldn't care if anyone saw you with it?" Josh asked, a smile tugging its way onto his lips.

I raised an eyebrow in question, but answered, "Yeah... Duh."

"Oh, really?" Mitchell said, sharing a smirk with Josh, which was just plain suspicious. He looked out into the secret doorway that led out of the Hokage's doorway, and gasped. "Oh, look. It's Gaara! Hey! Gaara! Come here for a second!"

"He's here!? Oh my fudge!" I exclaimed, diving under the table as I tried desperately to rip the bun off of my head in attempt to make my hair look somewhat presentable.

Mitchell began howling with laughter, and slowly, I emerged from under the table. I glared at him, seeing as he was holding himself up on the table, trying not to fall down and roll around on the floor laughing. Josh was trying to hide his laughter as Kylie giggled from atop of a clear section of table.

"You jerk!" I hissed at Mitchell, shoving him off of the table and making him fall on the floor. "I thought you were serious!"

"And you!" I exclaimed, pointing a finger at Josh, "You betrayed me! How could you!?"

"Me? What did I do?" Josh said, blinking his gray eyes in question.

"You people know that I'd freak if I thought Gaara was here! You double-teamed on me! Ugh! I hate you both!" I said, glaring at them as I resumed my previous seat at the head of the table. I ripped my bun free mercilessly, redoing it on top of my head so it looked more presentable than before. At least this time, if Gaara really did appear, I wouldn't look like a complete weirdo.

"What're you looking at diagrams and maps for, anyway?" Kylie asked after releasing another giggle. She picked up one of the pieces of paper on the table and examined it, squinting a blue eye and turning it in all different directions as she tried to figure out what it was.

"It's not a diagram," I said flatly, taking the piece of paper from her, "It's a drawing." I turned the paper the right way, and she made an 'oh' sound.

"Diagrams, drawings, what's the difference?" Mitchell said, pulling himself up off of the floor. "I still don't get what you're looking for."

"Well," I said, peering to the secret entrance to make sure no one heard us. "Remember when I told you that I met Ryuu?" They nodded, so I continued. "I started thinking about him last night, and then I remembered something. Before I met back up with Naruto and Jiraiya, Ryuu... He did something to me. I wouldn't leave him without a fight, and he knew that. He used some eye thing... I think it's like the Mind's Eye, except I've never seen it before. I want to find out what it is. I think it's another Takeda clan kekkei genkai."