Part 1 of The Chunin Exams: Concluded

"All right! It's been 45 minutes... It's time for the tenth question," Ibiki said. I blinked, slowly adjusting myself back to test-taking mode. I'll admit it, I was sure as hell not over the whole thing with Gaara. What did I really need to be protected from? And what the heck did I even have inside of me?

Sigh... That eye-thing of mine causes way too many issues, even if it is awesome. And now, my situation got even worse. Because... Ibiki was gonna start talking. AGAIN. Holy lord... Don't these people ever get tired? Creepy ninja world with people who never run out of things to say... Sigh.

"But before we get to the tenth question... I have another rule." Oh, great. MORE rules. MORE things that I won't pay attention to and end up screwing me over later on. PERFECT! What was he gonna say now, huh!? That if we don't produce a unicorn and ride it, our whole team fails!?

Ah... The things I think as I'm mad... Ahem.

"This rule... Is absolute." How the heck can I understand him when he uses big words like absolute!? UGH! "First... You must choose whether to accept or reject the tenth question!"

"Okay, look, you're a pretty cool-looking dude and all... But you really need to quit making these impossible rules. Do you have any idea how many times you've made my eye-twitch in only 45 minutes? It's saddening," I muttered, sighing and putting my chin in my hands. 

He brushed me off, but Temari asked, "What happens if we reject the question!?" Oh, right... That thought slipped my mind.

"If you reject the question, you'll lose all your points and fail right along with your team," Ibiki explained.

"Then why would we reject it!?"

"Because... Of the other rule," He said.

I sighed. "I rest my case... This is just lovely."

"If you decided to accept the question and get it wrong... You'll never be permitted to take the Chunin Exams ever again, staying at your current level for the rest of your lives!"

I facepalmed. This was just AWESOME. What if I get it wrong? There's no answer for it on that other dude's... Oh, well. I'll take it. I mean, yes, I have a lot to lose, but... I'm sure I'll be able to answer it. But Naruto... Oh, Naruto.

"But you can't do that! There are people here who've taken this exam more than once!" Kiba argued. Good point, but Ibiki wouldn't stand for it.

"Then it's just your rotten luck. I wasn't making the rules last year, but I am now. Anyone who has doubts should reject the question and come back and apply next year," Ibiki rebuttled easily. Evil, talkative, exam proctor... "Those who wish to reject the question should raise their hands. Once we've got their number confirmed, they'll leave the room." A few people raised their hands, but I didn't pay any attention. I just stared at Naruto, who was a few rows in front of me.

He wasn't raising his hand... Not like I expected him to. Still... He wanted to be Hokage, right? It was his dream... And I really don't want it taken away from him like that because of some stupid question that half of us here won't be able to answer. I knew he was probably thinking about Jerk-Face, Sakura, and I. About bringing us down because of his lack of guts. But that didn't matter to me. I'd rather take the exam over than see his dream vanish. Because I truly believe that Naruto will make an excellent Hokage one day, the best there's ever been. And he deserves it.

I wondered what would happen if I raised my hand, but... Naruto's hand was already up? DAMN! Just because I thought all of that... It didn't mean that he had to go through with it!

"Never underestimate me! I won't run, and I won't quit! I'll answer the question, whatever it may be! Even if it means I'll stay a genin for the rest of my life... I'll still become Hokage, even if it's only by pure stubborness! I'm not afraid of you or your question!" He announced, slamming his hand down on the desk.