My Thing For Scary Redheads

Story Start::

*~Two Weeks Later~*

My team and I stared at the graves in which Haku and Zabuza were buried in. Kakashi-sensei had told me all about what happened, filling the empty void that there had been in my memory. I don't know what came over me, but I know that it was scary as hell.

I started to think that the thing that had possessed me was what Mai had warned me about. The intent to kill... I didn't like it. And so, I'd make sure that nothing like that ever came over me again, even when I was emotionally unstable.

"Kakashi-sensei?" Sakura piped up. "Were those two right... About what a shinobi should be? About how we're supposed to be tools? Either users or the used?"

Kakashi-sensei stared at the graves in front of us before answering, "A shinobi isn't supposed to create his or her own reason for their existence... They must merely exist as a tool for their homeland to use when needed. That's as true in Konoha as it is anywhere."

"That's what a shinobi really is? I don't like the sound of it..." Naruto muttered.

"Neither do I... It sounds so twisted and wrong..." I murmured.

"Do you really think that, Kakashi-sensei?" Sasuke asked.

Our silver-haired sensei shook his head, shrugging. "Well... Not really. I don't think there's one ninja who doesn't question that. And that's why we ninja live with that ideal bubbling in our subconscious. Just like it did to both Zabuza and the boy."

"That's it... I'm making my own ninja path, my own destiny!" Naruto announced.

"Agreed," I said, smiling.

~*~

"I thank all of you, for aiding me in the completion of our bridge. But it's going to be awfully dull around here once you leave," Tazuna said.

"I know. What would your life be like without me?" I joked, flipping my hair over my shoulder. Yes, I was wearing it loose... And if people comment too much, it'll go back up again. Well... Not really. You get the point.

"Much simpler than it is now," Sasuke stated. I glared at him, making him smirk.

"We've enjoyed your hospitality... But we really need to get home," Kakashi-sensei said, smiling his closed-eye smile. Heck yeah, we needed to get home. My house hadn't been touched in weeks! It's going to be such a mess when I get back...

"Don't worry, Tazuna! We'll come back to visit sometime!" Naruto announced.

"You better..." Inari said, both boys getting tears in their eyes. I facepalmed.

"Inari... It'll be fine! You can cry if you want, you know," Naruto said, trying to sound cool. He didn't.

"I'm not gonna cry! But Naruto, big brother... You can cry!" Inari insisted.

"Me? Not happening," Naruto said, turning around. Everyone knew that they were both bawling. And I repeat: Facepalm.

I waved at Tazuna, Tsunami, and Inari once more before turning around. Suddenly, little arms were wrapped around my waist, and when I looked down I saw Inari hugging me.

Normally, I dislike children. But Inari... He's not that bad, I guess. I hugged him back, ruffling his dark hair. 

"You take care of your mom and granddad, okay? They'll need someone to do it while we're gone," I said, smiling at him.

He nodded, and my team and I made out way to the bridge. Tazuna had decided to name it 'The Great Naruto Bridge,' and I couldn't find a better, more fitting name. It was perfect. However... It really just gave Naruto a bigger head.