The Carnival

A.N.- Okay, so, on the side is a picture of the dress that Minxie is wearing. ^.^

And for those of you waiting for the Chunin Exams... It's coming! I promise! In two more chapters, tops! Then, it's back to the ninja world of awesomeness :D

Anyway... Enjoy! :D

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Story Start::

Minxie's POV

"I... Am... In... A... DRESS!" I exclaimed, my eye twitching as I stared at myself in the mirror. Kylie and I had finished our war... And the only reason I'm in this dress right now is because she's too chicken to have a rematch! See, she had yanked me off the door frame and dragged my upstairs before I could grab anything else... So she didn't play fair!

"You look GREAT in it!" Kylie squealed, giggling.

"I look like a... Like a... Like a GIRL, DAMN IT!" I shouted, stomping my foot on the floor.

"Oh, I don't know. Maybe because you are one?" Someone said, and I turned to see Josh in the doorway.

"Holy fudge monkeys! CLOSE THE DOOR! No one can see me with this thing on!" I exclaimed, bolting over to the door and pulling him into the room. I quickly shut it behind me, letting out deep breaths.

"You look beautiful! Right, Josh?" Kylie said, turning to her boyfriend with her hands on her hips.

"She's right, Minx. You look really pretty," Josh said, nodding.

My eye twitched at his sincere gray eyes. "Err... Well, you have to say that! You know that Kylie will smack you silly if you don't," I said, sighing.

I looked at myself in the mirror again, glaring at my reflection. Okay, so maybe the dress wasn't that terrible. It had a sweetheart neckline, with strings that went around my neck and crossed in the back. It went down to a bit above my knees, and the bottom had veil-like fabric that crossed very nicely. And it was blue, a few shades darker than Kylie's hair.

"You know you like how you look..." Kylie sang from next to me. My eye twitched as I turned to look at her. She was in a sleeveless, soft, seafoam green dress that went up to above her knees. Lovely. Now I'm thinking about Gaara! Ugh. See? Dresses are evil creations.

"I look like I belong in the ocean. Can't I go in pants?" I whined, tilting my head at her.

"It's a carnival, Minxie! And not just any carnival, either. This is the one in preparation of the Konoha Festival!" She argued, tapping my nose.

I smacked her hands away, gaining an eye twitch. "The what now?" I asked. Seriously, I've been here longer than she has... How the flip does she know all these things?

"You don't know? The Konoha Festival celebrates the day that Konoha officially became a village! It's actually a whole week celebration thing. Before the Konoha Festival, there's a festival celebrating all five chakra natures. It happens in a few weeks, and this carnival is what sets it off," She explained.