Climbing Trees: The Ninja Way

I was still angry, even after I had changed. I now wore a black leather-like jacket that had a whole bunch of zippers, a blue crop top, black fishnets underneath it, and blue shorts. I had slipped on my blue ninja shoes, tightened my weapons pouch on around my right thigh, and placed my hair in a high ponytail. My headband was around my forehead as always, but I didn't have my usual blank, daydreaming look. I was MAD.

And I pretty much made sure the whole house knew that, too. I stomped down the stairs louder than necessary, taking a seat at the table without a word.

Naruto almost choked on his pancakes when he saw me. "Wow, uhh... Outfit change?" He said, his cheeks turning red.

I looked down at myself, then back at him and nodded. "Yeah. This one's easier to move in, anyway..." I muttered. 

I saw Sasuke look up at me indifferently, and I knew how much he really didn't want to look at me. But even he couldn't act all high and mighty, because I already saw his eyes almost bulge out of his head when he saw me. I don't know why, but he quickly looked away and glared at the table. 

Well, fine then. Let him be rude.

Kakashi-sensei eyed me carefully, and I could tell that he didn't know whether or not to talk to me. It'd be better for him if he doesn't, because I might just explode.

"Minxie... This is Tsunami, Tazuna's daughter. She helped us take care of you while you were hurt," He introduced unsurely. I looked up to see a pretty woman with dark hair. She smiled kindly at me, and I felt the corners of my mouth smile back reflexively, even though it was pretty forced.

"Thank you, Tsunami," I said, nodding as breakfast was put in front of me.

"No problem, honey. It was a brave thing that you did," She praised, putting her hand on my shoulder lightly. Sasuke scoffed and I glared at him from across the table.

Everyone was silent, obviously feeling the tension between he and I. I decided to make conversation so it'd be less awkward and said, "So... When are we going to train?"

"As soon as we finish eating," Kakashi-sensei replied easily. I took a bite of my breakfast, which so happened to be pancakes. Any other day, I'd've been jumping for joy at eating them. But when I'm angry, nothing registers the same way for me.

I reached across the table for the syrup bottle, realizing too late that Sasuke was doing the same. Our hands touch and we glared at one another. I snatched the syrup before he could say anything else, and poured it on my pancakes.

"Um... Minx?" Naruto inquired from next to me.

"Yeah, Naruto?" I replied sweetly.

"Um... You're sort of killing the syrup bottle, and you're killing my foot from underneath the table..." He whispered, gesturing to under the table. I looked and saw that my foot was crushing his own, probably had been since I'd sat down. Well, I had been stomping rather viciously...

"Oh... Whoops," I said meekly, quickly removing my foot and putting the syrup bottle back to where it once had been. Naruto let out a deep breath and clutched his foot, and I bit my lip, shrugging.