Strange Dreams

I spun around and ended up face to face with Zabuza. Just before he was about to strike, Kakashi-sensei appeared and protected us all, just like he said he would. Then, they started doing some freaky water clone thing, which caused my eye to twitch. Kakashi stabbed Zabuza, but water took the sword-wielder's place. Then, Kakashi did the same, and so did Zabuza, and so did Kakashi...

It was confusing, but even when we thought Kakashi-sensei had it... Zabuza appeared behind him, in solid form this time. "Heh... I'll never be defeated by you, a mere copy ninja," Zabuza said.

"Ooh... He called him a copy ninja... That's really rude, man," I said, glaring at Zabuza. Someone smacked my arm, and I glared at the person who happened to be Sasuke. "I was just saying..." I muttered, my attention turning back to the fight.

Zabuza swung his sword, but Kakashi easily dodged it. However, with a second sword hit, Kakashi was thrown into the water. Zabuza appeared behind him, making a handsign. So much for that...

"Water Prison Jutsu!" Zabuza said, trapping Kakashi in a sphere of water. None of us had a clue on how to get him out, so it really sucked. Besides... It's not like we could really do much with our sensei trapped in a water ball. Especially if there was a guy on steroids next to him, keeping him from escaping.

Then, Zabuza made a water clone, and it pretty much crushed whatever little hope I had left. 

"Heh... Little ninja... You wear headbands as if that makes you a ninja... But only those who have faced death so many times that it doesn't face them... Those who have skills worthy of being in my Bingo Book... Those people may be called ninja. Your kind..." Zabuza said, his eyes scanning all of us.

Out of nowhere, he kicked Naruto, sending the poor blonde flying back a great distance. Zabuza had kicked him so hard that now, Naruto's leaf headband was knocked off of his forehead.

"... Are just brats," Zabuza finished.

"All of you, listen to me! Take Tazuna and get as far away from here as possible! He can't move too far if he wants to keep me here... It gives you a good advantage! It's a battle you can't win!" Kakashi-sensei ordered from his water prison.

I bit my lip, looking back at my teammates. I looked at Naruto who was still on the floor, and at Zabuza who was stepping on Naruto's leaf headband. "It'd be pointless... We'd never get far enough," I muttered, shaking my head. And it was true. Zabuza had the habit of just appearing and disappearing out of nowhere, so there's no way we'd get far enough away in time.

Naruto charged forward, and although he got knocked back once again, he did retrieve his headband. He then made another one of his speeches... And announced that he had a plan. But he didn't see what Zabuza was going to do... No one did. But somehow, I did. I felt my pupils expand somewhat, like something was fueling my vision. Everything was clear to me now. Everything seemed brighter, better... I saw it all.

And I saw how as soon as Naruto finished talking, Zabuza would appear again, this time behind Sasuke, to foil whatever little plan they had. What I didn't see was that I would try and intervene, which I did. I didn't realize that I had moved until I felt something really sharp pierce my stomach.