The Forest Of Death: The Sound Ninja Attack!

Have you ever been so confused that you really have no idea what's going on? No? I hope not, because it's not a good feeling. I was only gone for a few minutes... I think. But, already, my team managed to get attacked. AGAIN.

I did a double take, realizing that Lee was there. Apparently, he was protecting Sakura. I appeared next to him, confusion all over my face.

"Hey... What the heck did I miss?" I asked, glancing at the Sound ninja that were in front of us. My mind went back to Orochimaru, who had promised to send his Sound ninja servants. These idiots must be them. Ugh.

"They attacked... They want to fight Sasuke!" Sakura exclaimed.

"And we're looking for a certain brunette with emerald eyes. Think you can help us find her?" The one with black hair added, smirking.

I glared at him. "Well... She's standing right in front of you, and she's anything but happy. What do you want from me?"

"To fight you, what else?" He said.

"For what? Are you that lonely? Do you think that I really want to waste my time fighting some idiot Sound ninja who attacked my team for his own stupid reasons? Gee, no thanks," I said, rolling my eyes.

He sent a blast of air my way from the little holes in his palms, but I dodged quickly, with barely enough time to spare.

"Well then... I'm guessing you took offense to that," I said, sighing.

"Minxie! Stay out of this fight!" Lee said, stepping next to me. 

"What... Funny. Like I'm gonna let you hog all the glory. I haven't fought once in these exams!" I complained, scowling at him.

"Minxie... It's more than that. I promised Sakura when we met that I'd protect her with my life... You're my former teammate as well as my precious friend! I have to protect both you and Sakura! I promised that I would. And this is me keeping that promise!" He insisted.

"Well, this is me being stubborn! They wanted to fight me, remember?" I said, standing up and putting my katana away. "I might as well just get it over with. If it's a fight they want... It's a fight they get!"

"Hm... Then I guess it just can't be helped! I'll take this one... Zaku, you take the brunette and the Uchiha," The one with the fur-like thing on his back said.

The one with black hair, Zaku, stepped forward, smirking at me. I sighed, taking a step forward as well and putting a hand on my hip.

"Why do you want to fight me, anyway?" I asked tiredly. Seriously, these people needed hobbies. Why were they always after my team?

"We were ordered to, you could say," He answered, smirking.

"By Orochimaru, huh?" I said, and his eyes widened. "Yeah, that creepy snake guy... You know you're working for a pedophile, right? He seriously gave Sasuke and I hickeys... If I were you, I'd be careful around him."

With blinding speed, I appeared behind him, my mouth directly near his ear. "But then again... Since you attacked my team... I really don't give a damn about what happens to you," I hissed, kicking him across the field.

He skidded a few times, stopping once he hit a tree. He stood up, smirking. "Heh... Not bad. I might just enjoy myself with you," He said.

"I'm not planning on playing around all day, so you better savor this fight while it lasts," I said.

"Good, because neither am I." And with that, he made hand signs and held out his palms in my direction, sending a sound blast at me.

I cringed, dodging it at the last second. If I kept on like that, dodging wouldn't be an option anymore.