Revenge, Rivalry, and Friendship

"And then I just so possibly ambushed Pablo and Fabio so Rin could come over! The sad part of this story is that I never got to know their real names... But that's cool. I think Pablo and Fabio fit them much better," I finished brightly, smiling at Sasuke. As expected, the ravenette said nothing in reply. He just stared at me, as if he was fighting with something in his head.

In fact? His head was the thing that was worrying me. No, not the hair on his head. Because, obviously, we all know how messed up THAT is.

The part of his head that I'm worried about is his mental state. Face it; just one look at him and I could tell how messed up he was. And I was scared. What if him seeing Itachi again made him hate me? I mean, he was never one to talk much, but now, he wasn't even smirking.

And I refused to let him get away with that.

"Okay. What's up with you? I got you flowers, I brought your favorite foods, I'm talking even though you won't reply... I'm haven't even called you Duck-Butt yet, for Pete's sake! The least you can do is say 'hn,'" I said sternly, scowling at him. He only looked away from me, scoffing as he stared at the blanket.

I glared at him. Then, I just scoffed, shaking my head. Who was I kidding? "Heh... I don't even know why I waste my time anymore," I muttered, looking at him with fierce eyes.

Still, he didn't move. He just glared at nothing, clutching the sheets in his fists.

My eye twitched. He wanted to be that way? Fine. I can play that game better than he can.

"All right. You want to give me the silent treatment? Fine. Go on ahead. In fact, ignore me for the rest of the week if you want. But no matter what you do, I refuse to baby you and cater to your every need like everyone else is doing. I'm not Sakura, and I'm sure as hell not your baby-sitter. I'm your girlfriend. And if you think you can just not talk to me, you're way off. Call me when you decide to grow up, kay?" I snapped, standing up with my mouth settling into a straight line.

I walked over to the door quickly, yanking it open with an irritated and angry look on my face. I almost smack straight into someone, and my eyebrow quirked in aggrivation as I realized that it was Sakura. My expression mellowed, however, when I saw Kylie and Mitchell behind her.

"Oh! Minxie!" Kylie exclaimed with a smile on her face. She stared at my clothes, her eye twitching. "Err... How long have you been here? Have you even slept yet?"

"Yeah, 'cause you look terrible," Mitchell said bluntly, leaning against the doorway.

I glared at him. "Thanks. It really brightens my day hearing you say that," I said, sarcasm dripping off of every word.

"You're going home now?" Kylie interrupted, pushing Mitchell out of the way as she stared at me with her large, curious, cerulean orbs.

"Yeah. It's better than being here..." I muttered under my breath. She, of course, caught that.

"Minx... What's up?" She whispered to me as Sakura walked past her to see Sasuke.

"Nothing. I'll tell you later. Look, I've got to go... I'll see you at home or something," I said dismissively, sneaking past her and disappearing down the hall. 

"Wait! Minxie!" Someone called, and I turned to see Kiba. When did he get here? Sigh... Ninjas these days.

"Oh, hey, Kiba... What's up?" I said, putting my hands on my hips and shrugging my shoulders fake-happily.

"The Hokage's looking for you. She said that she wanted you to meet with her in her office," He said, jogging up to me. Akamaru was on his head, as usual, and barked in agreement.