A Reunion With The Rookies

Recap: "Sasuke! Where've you been, cutie!?" I knew that voice. And I hated it. It was so girly, so high-pitched, so... So Sasuke-loving...

When I saw who it was, my eye twitched. "Oh, just shoot me now."

Story Start::

"Oh, I just couldn't wait! It's so exciting, seeing you again!" Ino exclaimed, her arms around Sasuke's neck in a hug. The Uchiha's eye twitched, obviously not liking this arrangement. I didn't like it, either. And I don't know why.

"Ino, you pig! Get off of Sasuke!" Sakura barked, glaring at her. Ew... It's still Ino Yamanaka...

"Oh, hi, Sakura! Still hoping the mutant forehead comes into fashion, huh?" I couldn't help it. That was funny. "Ah, Minxie... It's you again," Ino said, her displeasure for me clear.

"Oh, don't worry, Ino. I'm not happy seeing you again, either," I said sweetly.

"Ugh, why don't you three go somewhere and die, okay?" A voice said. Notice how he said three. Now, I'm sure it's safe to assume that he doesn't mean me. Because... I mean, have you met my team? 

I turned to see a guy whose head looked like a pineapple. Ooh, yeah... Shikamaru Nara... That lazy guy who was always asleep in the Academy... Eh, he's cool with me. 

He was followed by Choji Akimichi, a boy who spent most of his time eating. Scratch that, all of his time. I'm the only one who can challenge him to a food-eating contest and win. My stomach always hurts afterwards, but the satisfaction is worth it.

"Looks like the gang's all here," Another voice said. I turned and saw a boy with a hooded jacket and a dog on his head. And the dog was so cute! And the boy was sort of cute, too... Not like Gaara, though. I recognized him from the Academy, but I didn't remember his name.

Speaking of which... Where is the famous redhead? I hadn't seen him in the room.

Next to the boy with the dog was a shy girl with purplish hair, and another boy who had shades and a jacket that covered his mouth. He looked really cool! I recognized both of them from the Academy.

I couldn't remember the boy's name, but I did remember Hinata, mainly because she was Neji's cousin and because she'd been the only girl in the Academy who hadn't hated me.

I never really talked to her though, since she was so shy, and shy people are usually scared of me because I'm apparently too forward. I never got why she blushed so much, either. Eye-twitch moment? I think so. But she was still cool in my book.

"Including you, unfortunately," Shikamaru said, sighing.

"Shikamaru! Be nice! He has a cute dog," I scolded, smiling up at the puppy. The boy grinned at me and the puppy hopped into my arms, licking my face. I petted him lovingly, giggling.

"Sorry. Akamaru's usually not like that... He really likes you, apparently," The boy said, scratching his head.

"No, no, it's fine. And that's great, 'cuz I like him too! Honestly, he's the most adorable dog I've ever seen. A ninja hound?"

The boy looked astonished. "You know about ninja hounds?"

I nodded. "They're awesome. My sensei works with them, and I've seen them a few times before."

"Heh... Pretty cool. I'm Kiba Inuzuka," He said, shaking my hand.

"Minxie," I said, petting Akamaru.

"Ahem. Well, Kiba, if you're done flirting with my teammate..." Sasuke hissed from next to me. Jeez, when did he get there? I'm telling you, people in the ninja world need cat bells. It's just unnatural to sneak up on people like that.