I Fight The Mori Princess

Helllllllooooo all my wonderful readers :D ! On the side is a picture of Rin. Hope you all enjoy the chapter! ^_^

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Recap: "It's time for the fourth match," The proctor began, smirking slightly, "Minxie Takeda vs. Rin Mori!"

Story Start::

"Wait... Say what!?" I exclaimed, my eye twitching, "I'm... I'm fighting Rin!? What... But she wasn't even in the Chunin Exams!"

"She's received special training to prepare her to fight in the Chunin Exams. Since you didn't have an opponent, it worked out in everyone's favor," the proctor answered.

"Well, it's not in my favor! How the flip am I supposed to fight her when I don't know what she can do!? I thought this part of the exams was supposed to be fair!" I argued, putting my hands on my hips.

"You're a Takeda, Minxie. You'll be able to fight her. Now, stop whining," He said.

I glared at him. "I'm not whining!" I whined. He gave me a look. "Okay... So maybe I was whining with what I last said... But it was only a little! I'm just saying!"

He gave me another one of his flat looks. "Whatever. You're fighting Rin, end of story. Don't complain anymore. Now... Let the fourth match begin!" 

I growled, pouting slightly. 

Rin looked at me, tilting her head. She was so pale, yet so pretty. She wore a tube top that was pale pink, with this red thing draping on her shoulders. Gray straps made an 'X' on her back, her stomach bare. She had red gloves that went up past her elbow and revealed her dainty fingers. She had on a pale pink skirt that matched her tube top, and silver bangles around her wrists. Her Konoha headband was tied around her hair, just as Sakura's was. Weird part? She was barefoot.

"You don't want to fight me because I am blind... Correct?" She asked in her soft voice. I thought that if I touched her, she would collapse.

"It's not that... It's... Eh, you wouldn't get it," I said, sighing deeply. I wasn't gonna tell her that Gaara killed Dosu, and that I had gotten angry at him for it.

Rin stood quiet for a long while. "I've seen you before, you know. Of course, I didn't see you with my eyes... But I heard you. At the carnival, with all of your friends. It seemed like you were having a good time. You spoke about me," She said quietly.

"Err... You heard that?" I said, raising an eyebrow. How the heck was that even possible? I knew for a fact that we hadn't been in hearing distance... Not normal hearing distance, at least.

"When you're blind, like I am, you need to advance your other senses to make up for the loss of your sight," She stated simply. The way she looked at me creeped me out. She stared blankly at me, her eyes never moving or blinking. I knew she couldn't actually see me, but her eyes felt like they were piercing my skull.

"I heard that you're strong. Do you think I'm strong, too? Or is it because I'm blind that you underestimate me?" She asked, never moving. Okay, what's with this girl? She's blind, so what? I know people who're missing arms, and they act happier than she does.

"I never said that I'd underestimate you," I said, putting a hand on my hip.

"Good. Because it'd be the worst mistake you ever make. I'm not the sheltered baby of the Mori clan, as your loud-mouthed friend so nicely put it. It was hard, but I did learn to fight, and I am rather good at it. I will win this match, and I will beat the last of the Takeda clan," She said harshly. Suddenly, the softness in her voice was gone.

I looked up at Ino, seeing how freaked she looked. Yeah, Rin apparently had super hearing... Creepy.

"When I saw you at the carnival... You were joking. Laughing, having a good time... You live in ignorance. You don't see the struggles of others, nor the loneliness... Your life is perfect," She said, her face blank of all expression.