Complaints, Relationships, and Reflections

"And then he just looked at me! He didn't even say anything!" I vented. Currently, I was at Sasuke's house, seated on the high chair that was in front of the counter. Sasuke was on the other side of it, getting a soda for both of us.

"So you yelled at a psychopathic redhead who just killed your opponent and got angry when you saw the body?" Sasuke asked, placing a can of soda in front of me.

"He's not psychopathic! And is that bad?" I inquired.

He sighed. "Yes, it is. He probably thinks you're just as mental as he is," He said.

"He's not mental! And why would he think that?" I asked.

"Oh, I don't know, Minxie. Maybe because most normal people would freak out when they saw a dead body?" He said sarcastically.

"Who said I was normal?" I said, smirking.

He sighed. "Of course..." He muttered, shaking his head.

"But, still... Now I have to learn a whole new strategy! I don't know who I'm gonna be fighting anymore! So all that training I did was for nothing..." I said, getting a troubled expression.

"Well, look at it this way. Now you have to prepare for a mystery situation. So you'll train in everything and increase your skill level," He said.

"But... But I don't wanna increase my skill level! Fighting the unknown isn't inviting," I complained, opening my soda can.

"Too bad. You have to deal with it now," He said with a shrug, sipping some of his soda.

"Well, you're no help," I said, shaking my head. I looked down at my watch, sighing. "I better get home before Kimi has a heart attack. Well, before Naruto eats every cup of instant ramen I own," I said, sliding off the seat.

"Naruto's at your house?" He inquired.

I nodded. "He sorta fainted on my sofa when he found out that we kissed..." I muttered quietly, laughing nervously.

"Hn... Idiot," He said, rolling his eyes.

I scowled at him. "Hey! Be nice! That's my best friend you're talking about," I said, and he shrugged, finishing his soda and throwing the can out. In reality, I was actually very happy that Sasuke and I could still have conversations like this. At least I knew that us kissing didn't change anything.

"Anyway... I'll... I'll see you tomorrow?" I said, biting my lip.

"Okay, Minxie. Obviously, you didn't come all this way only to complain about Gaara. What is it that you wanted to talk about?" He asked. My eye twitched. How could he see through me so easily? It wasn't fair.

"Um... I didn't want... Okay, so maybe I did," I muttered, sitting back on the chair.