What's Mine Is Yours...Unfotunately: End

Start from the beginning

I look at her in shock. I mean I know she thought there was something going on, but for her to be certain that I love him? Was it really only me who didn’t see it until everything went downhill with-you know who?

“And I think that’s the only way I’ll ever get you to call me mom,” she continues a hint of laughter under her voice.

Strangely I could picture myself next to James for that long; picture his mom as my mother-in-law. I know it wouldn’t happen for a while especially since I haven’t even finished high school, not to mention that I have to make four days up of it now. But I think it would happen someday.

One day I’ll really be part of this family. Well I am now, but one day I’ll have a certificate to prove it.

“Was it really that noticeable?” I ask.

“Oh yes,” Mrs. Callisto agrees causing my face to redden even though I once again have it buried in James’s arm.

                “And he was obvious too,” she continues.

                I laugh silently.

                Suddenly Mrs. Callisto sighs.

                “I have to go,” she says before walking over to James and giving him a kiss on his forehead.

                “Wake up soon baby. I love you,” she whispers quietly before walking out the door.

                “Listen to your mom,” I tell him.

                “Please, please wake up soon,” I whisper suddenly having tears prickling my eyes.

                “Please,” I say while silently starting to sob.

                “James please, I love you, and I want you here with me,” I continue squeezing his hand again.

                Suddenly I feel his hand flinch and his heart monitor starts beeping.

                I jump up.

                “James?!” I scream before running over and pressing the big assistance button on the wall.

                “Doctor!”

***

                “I’m sorry to announce that your son has passed away,”

                “NO!” she shrieks in despair; her knees giving out.

                “Turn it off,” I tell Kat.

                She quickly shuts the TV off.

                “What, what if he…” Kat trails off tears trickling down her beautiful blue eyes.

                “That’s not happening,” I assure her, “If he can tackle down two hundred pound guys of pure muscle he won’t let this stop him,”

                She nods her head. I sigh before pulling her to my chest.

                “Th-thanks Josh,” she lets out before bringing her hands up to wipe at her eyes furiously.

                “No problem,” I say letting go of her.

                She scowls at me, “I didn’t say to let go,”