Knee Surgery Part 2

Niall recently got home from his knee surgery and it's been hard. He's been sick from the medication and he's been tired. He and I stayed in the hospital for a day after his surgery while the doctors gave him the meds and instructions. He was mostly asleep or throwing up, so I wrote everything down.

Right now, we're lying on the couch and watching a movie. It will probably only be another hour or so until he gets sick or needs to go to the bathroom. Mostly he sleeps in my arms or cries. He's in a lot of pain and it hurts me.

"Liam," he moaned. The painkillers probably are wearing down a bit.

"I've got you baby. Don't worry about it. Look at me." He lifts his face and locks eyes with me. He looks terrible. "Alright what should we talk about?" He shrugs and tears are in his eyes. "Don't cry. Let's see. What's your best memory of being on stage?"

"That's easy," he says immediately, sniffing. "When you sat with me a couple days ago and rubbed my back as I sang. How about you?"

"Every moment of it. Especially when you're with me." He smiles and then his face puckers in pain. I kiss him between his eyes and cup his cheek in my hand. He leans into my touch and moans a bit. "Babe, do you want the medicine?" I check the time and see that it's time for another dose. He nods and I move to get up.

"Stay." I sigh.

"Baby we've been through this. I can't stay if you want medicine and you can't go with me." Niall hangs his head and lets me get up. I kiss his hand and then go to get his medicine.

When I go back, Niall's face is red. I try to look him in the eyes, but he wont look at me. I set the bottle of pills and the water down and go over to him.

"Nialler, what happened?" He turns even redder and runs a hand through his hair.

"I couldn't get up. I'm sorry." I look down at him and see the wet patch on his pants. He must have wet himself. Poor thing, he's too proud to ask for help.

"It's fine. You needed a shower anyway," I joke. He takes it and smiles. "Let's just take your meds and then I'll take you to shower." I help him sit up and I give him the medicine. Luckily the couch can just be wiped down with soap and water and it shouldn't leave much of a mark.

"How will we get upstairs?" Niall asks. Oh yea. We haven't tried the stairs yet.

I squat in front of him and he gets it. He loops his arms around my neck and, keeping his leg relatively straight, he hops on. We go up the stairs and I let him down on the toilet seat. There's now a wet spot on my shirt, which Niall reddens at. I just take off my shirt and help him do the same with his shirt, and then our pants, and boxers.

"How are you feeling?" He shrugs. I turn on the bath and examine his stitches. There are probably 12-15. They look pretty good. "Pain 1-10," I say.

"8 or 9. Meds haven't really kicked in I guess." I help him lower into the bath and then I do the same. I pull his back against my chest and take water into my hand. I slowly drizzle it on his hair and he leans back.

I wrap my arm around his stomach and pull him closer. He tips his head back and rests it on my shoulder. He shudders and I kiss a trail from his shoulder up his neck and then I suck right behind his ear.

"Liam," he says huskily. I feel myself getting hard and I stop sucking. I can't do this to Niall while he's hurt.

All of a sudden, Niall tenses up and his leg jerks. The water splashes everywhere. He throws his head back and grits his teeth. I place my hands on his hips and hold him in the water. His body thrashes. He screams and I rub his back.