Liam epilepsy part 3

A year had gone by since Liam's epilepsy diagnosis. After modifying their shows to eliminate strobe lights, carefully controlling movie environments, and monitoring medication, he was doing well and had only had a handful of incidents. To his delight, Liam hadn't had any grand mals since a month after being diagnosed, although absence seizures had taken their place. All the boys and fans had been incredibly understanding and helpful throughout, which made everything that much easier. Liam was rarely on edge anymore, due to the fact that he knew the boys could help him if something were to occur and also that he was on top of things now, including his medicine intake.

The band was in the middle of the American leg of their latest tour, and things were going well. The schedule was busy and packed, sure, but the joy of seeing the fans again after a break to write and get Liam back to health was immeasurable.

However, when Liam was late leaving the hotel in Chicago to get to the sound check, after arriving late at night from Ohio, things started to take a turn.

"Where's Liam?" Louis asked. The other boys shrugged, not having seen him since they woke up. Harry went into his hotel room, which was connected to the common room they were all waiting in, and knocked on the bathroom door after seeing the light on under the door.

"Liam? Almost ready to go?" Harry called softly.

"Yeah," Liam responded weakly. "One minute."

Harry went back to the boys and shrugged. "He said one minute."

"But did he sound ok?" Louis asked.

"I don't know, Louis," Harry said, exasperated. "Ask him when he comes out." On cue, Liam walked out and joined them. Sweatpants and hoodie on, hair messed up; the boys knew an under-the-weather Liam when they saw one.

"Hey mate," Louis said gently.

"Hey." All of the boys were surprised by his curt tone.

"You alright?"

"Yes." Liam fidgeted with his sleeves, focused on not looking up. Harry and Niall gave Louis a look then left the room to tell the management they were ready to go.

"Liam, what's going on? It's ok to not be doing ok," Louis said. Liam looked up as he said that and his eyes filled with tears.

"I feel terrible," he said softly. His voice wobbled on the last word and Louis became more concerned. He was genuinely upset over this, and tears from an unwell Liam usually meant one thing.

"That's alright, we all get sick sometimes. Want to try and sleep on the way to the sound check and then take it easy while we get set up?" Louis offered, but feared the worst.

"No like..." Liam trailed off. "I feel wrong."

"Yeah," Louis sighed. Liam only used 'wrong' to talk about one thing. "I wondered about that. It's going to be ok, Liam. Think you can get to the van? I don't want to overdo it but I think we do need to get going." He hadn't looked at his phone in a while, but it was going off in his pocket like crazy.

"Yeah, I'm ok right now." He sniffled once, rubbing his eye with a very shaky hand. "I'll let you know if I need something," he read Louis' mind.

Louis helped him up and they went out to meet the security guards. He snuck a look at his phone, with 4 texts from Harry: 'what is it' 'bad?' 'sick?' 'where are you?' He shot back a quick text 'feels bad. somethings up. think its acting up.'

They arrived at the venue, completed sound check, and went to the dressing rooms to hang out until they were needed for the next activity. Liam sat on the couch and leaned heavily into Harry, who welcomed the cuddles. He took three shaky breaths and then turned his face into Harry's neck, away from the boys, and began to cry.