chapter 16: the shadow

Start from the beginning

"Thanks, Stiles." I say. "If you hadn't found me I would probably be-"

"No. Don't even say it." He says. "I'm just glad you're ok."

We smile at each other.

"Stiles, I need to talk to Becca and Scott. Celeste, Becca's best friend, she's alive. She's the one who helped me escape. I would've never gotten out if it wasn't for her."

"What? How is she still alive?"

"Get Becca and Scott, I'll explain all of it when you are all here."

"Ok." he says and starts to walk towards the door.

He quickly comes back with Scott and Becca. Derek and Becca came to the hospital to see how I was doing.

I explain everything to them. I'm as detailed as possible. I tell them about the flowers, which is why they couldn't find my scent. The cabin. The 6 werewolves. Celeste...

"She's alive?" Becca says with tears in her eyes.

"Yes. She helped me escape but wasn't able to get out."

I can't imagine what Becca is feeling right now. To think you've lost someone forever and then find out they are actually alive, only to realize in how much danger they are in.

"I have to go back for her." She says.

"I promised her we would come back for her. We have to help her. Scott please." I say.

"Of course." he says and turns to Becca. "We'll get her out of there."

"Thanks." she says with a smile.

Dr. Geyer and my Dad walk in with a wheelchair.

"We'll wait for you outside." Scott says and he and Becca make their way out of the room.

"All right, you're all set to go home. Wheelchairs here to get you to the car. I really want you to rest that ankle. I've given you a week off from school. So don't worry about that, focus on getting better. Any questions?"

"No, I don't thinks so. Thanks again." I say.

"Of course." he says. He shakes my Dad's hand and leaves the room.

My dad gives me a bag with some of my clothes. They wait outside the room while I get dressed.

"Ready!" I call out to them.

I tell them I don't need the wheelchair but they insist.

"Hey! Doctors orders." My dad says.

"Fine." I say, finally agreeing.

Stiles hands me the flowers and my dad pushes the wheelchair out to a waiting room full of people.

Malia, Lydia, Kira, Derek, Scott, Melissa, Becca...Liam.

They greet me with smiles and hugs, they all let me know how happy they are that I'm alive and well.

I'm happy to see they are too.

Liam is the last one to come over to me.

He kneels by my side and holds my hand. He brings his other hand to my cheek and I lean into it.

He doesn't say anything. He doesn't have to.

I look around the room.

"Where's Mason?" I ask.

He stands up.

"He couldn't make it, but he said he'll stop by your house later if that's ok."

I look up at my Dad.