The Tribe

Bree's pov

We hiked a mile or so through the trees and came to a river where Lily used her powers to let us cross. We slipped through the trees where pitiful the shadows treehouse came alive with vibrant colors. Lily approached a younger girl who ran up and hugged her as soon as she saw Lily. Lily picked up the girl and turned back to us. "This is Carder. She is the little monkey of the Tribe, or one of them." She put the girl down and off she ran after Lily whispered in her ear. I leaned over to Bree as Lily talked with Rashel, James, and Connor. "What did she say to the girl?" Bree shrugged. "I could hear it but it wasn't in a registered language." Weird. Lily turned to us and smiled. I'll show you guys where you will be staying and give basic information. After you can explore. Everyone here speaks English. I have to talk to the leader though." "Okay." We all said in unison. James, Rashel, Connor, and Jasper had all left somewhere. I guess they had been here before. Lily led us to a high treehouse and we all climbed up. There was a main floor with a long table and a few baskets full of fruit. There were two ladders one leading to a level full of hammocks and woven hanging beds. The other ladder led to a level that was like a living room and had a bridge leading to another platform in a path that wove around the tribe. There was another ladder in the living room area leading to a platform set right at the tree tops. You could see the sun set and rise. The tree had two doors dotted around the trunk that led to a bathroom and shower. All of us ended up in the living room area and we just hung out and talked for a while. A girl climbed onto the living room platform and smiled. She was wearing brown and green clothing that blended in with the trees.