Iced over

Connor's pov

I helped Lily to her feet after she slid the drums into place with her feet and we went out to eat. We scaled up the tree to the others and we ate as a family. After we ate I looked around, Lily was no where to be seen. I paused to close my eyes then I looked up. There. On a really high branch she sat her feet dangling like icicles over the ground. I climbed up carefully and slid into the he branch next to her. "I still can't believe this is happening." She said it as a whisper without taking her eyes off the treetops. "It's hard to I agree. Why don't you see it like every other battle we are in?" She looked at her hands. "It hits me harder than those fights. This one hits right in the heart." "Can I ask why?" Her gaze shifted to meet my eyes. Her hazel eyes shown with sadness. "The man, Amaw, he is my.... My father." She was sobbing and I pulled her into a hug. My light blue shirt was drenched in her tears and I just hung on. "Well how do you feel about it?" My voice was as soft as fresh snow. Her sobs slowed and she just leaned on me. "Betrayed. Angry." I nodded and wrapped my arm around her as a shield from the outside world. Her world seemed dead, iced over, but under it all I knew it was still alive, still growing. We would do this. Together. "For every river has obstacles but it just has to build up and push around and over it." I felt the smiled curve on her tear stained face and she sighed. It would be okay, for all of us.