My team

Skyler's pov

I was sitting in the lounge with Bree when Lily came in a bed sat next to us. "Hey." "Hey." "Hey lily?" "Yeah Bree?" "Who is on your, team?" "Jack Frost or Frost, Fireboy, Zappy, and me, Plantgirl." "I mean their human names." "Oh of course. Frost is Connor Stelp, Fireboy is James Cardy, Zappy is Rashel Tald." "So there humans?" I looked at Bree. "Not really. They're like me. They have powers like me and they still have a normal life." She lowered her head and her mind seemed to replay a memory that made her made her eyes cloud with sadness. She shook her head and looked up at us as if everything was normal. "You okay?" Bree asked looking at Lily. "I'm fine. Just a little tired." "Do you want to get some rest. We made a back section with bedrooms. We can move two more beds into a bigger room?" "If you guys want to go to bed. Other wise, I'm fine." "Come on let's go to bed." I said getting up. They both got up and followed me to a bedroom in the back. We sat on the beds and Bree left to use the bathroom and I sat next to Lily on her bed. "What were you thinking about? What was that memory?" She looked at me then back at her bed. "A long time ago..... We were in a battle, my team. We.... Almost died. Since that day we promised to always watch each others backs. I was thinking about how," she wiped a tear from her eye. "....a dragon named Flame looked out for James and everything he cared about. That included the entire team. The only reason we all got out of there alive is because Flame sacrificed himself for the team. Leaving his son, Flare, alone in the world. I took his son to a safe place and when he grew up he looked out for us. As we lived our normal lives he arrived to fly with us and help on missions. He was still protected by the people I gave him to. Then they were attacked. He escaped. But no one knows where he went, he disappeared. He is thought to be dead but for some reason when we were sitting in the other room I felt his presence. Then it vanished." "I'm so sorry." I hugged her and she hugged me back putting her head in the crevice in my neck. I smiled. "Haven't been able to to that in a while have you?" "Nope." She answered hugging me tighter. I let her go and sat back in my bed as Bree walked in. She looked at Lily and lily did the eye thing so she understood and it was her turn to hug Lily. We went to bed and we slept peacefully. It was before dawn when Bree woke me up.