Chapter 14

I woke up in the morning and got ready for school. I went through my normal routine and got dressed in a pale pink sleeveless shirt and some dark jeans. I headed downstairs, ate my breakfast and was driven to school by Harry today.

"Bye, see you after school," I called to him as I exited the car. I walked into the building and headed towards my locker. I was almost at my locker when I was tripped. I stumbled but luckily I caught myself before I hit the ground. I looked up and saw a girl with brown hair and golden highlights glaring at me. She smiled evilly at me and continued to strut down the hallway as if she owned the school.

"Zoe," Sarah called jogging over to me. "Are you alright? Robyn can be a real pain sometimes."

"Oh so that's her name," I said. Sarah led me over to where Alex, Lauren, Mark and Daniel were standing. We talked until the first bell rang signaling that we had five minutes to get to class. We all ran to our lockers. I got my books and noticed that the hallways were quickly emptying. I hurried to gather my books and shut my locker door. I raced to science which was on the other side of the building. I was almost at the door which was closing, as the bell rang. My hand reached the handle just as the door shut and locked. I knocked and waited for someone to let me in. I saw Ms. Heightston open the door.

"Your late," she smirked.

"Sorry I uh—," I started but she cut me off.

"No new student should be late on their second day. That gives teachers a bad impression," she said slyly. "I'll certainly be calling your guardians about this."

I sighed and took my seat next to Alex. I sighed, this was sure going to be a long day.

The school day finally ended, I went to my locker and gathered my things. I had tons of homework. I went outside but didn't see our car anywhere. I pulled out my phone and called Zayn.

"Hello?" Zayn said.

"Zayn where are you? Schools over and nobody's here to pick me up," I said.

"Oh shit," he mumbled. "Okay I'll tell one of the boys to come get you, I'm getting a hair cut right now. Sorry about that Zoe. I'll call them now bye."

"Bye," I told him. About nine tenish minutes later the car pulls up. I open the door and get in the car to see Louis was the one to pick me up. We drove home in silence. When I got home I said hello to everyone and told them I had a lot of homework so I headed up to my room.

I was just on my last homework assignment of math when I got stuck on the last problem. I heard a knock on my door. "Come in," I answered.

"Hey Zoe, dinners ready," Harry told me.

"Thanks but Harry can you help me with this math problem real quick?" Harry nodded and came over to take a look at problem. He explained how to do it and five minutes later, with Harry's help, I succeeded.

"Hey guys, what took you so long, did Zoe need a formal invitation to eat dinner at her own house?" Louis asked jokingly.

"Nah, I was just helping Zoe with a math problem," Harry told him.

We were in the middle of dinner when Zayn's phone went off. He looked at the caller ID confused and went to take the call.

"Zoe," he yelled storming back into the room. "You were late to class?"

Authors Note
What will Zayn do? Any guesses? Sorry I didn't update yesterday, I was originally planning to make this a double update. But instead I got caught up updating my new story called 'The Singing Duo(A Liam Payne Louis Tomlinson Love Story). It would mean a lot to me if you guys checked that out as well.
~H